GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by IceBerg4k1

1. I

Upgrade Clutch Stage 2 for DD

The pressure plate just didn't have the strength to keep it from slipping. The friction disk still looked good but the hot spotting on the flywheel was pretty bad. It just couldn't cut it. Back in 2016 when i put the SRE on, I had no reason to believe it couldn't handle that level of power. I...
  2. I

Upgrade Clutch Stage 2 for DD

Sachs SRE failed at Stage 1 power for me after 20k miles. The DKM twin disk self destructed on me due to design issues after 20k miles. I am now running a XClutch Stage 1 for the last 1500 miles with APR stg 2 tune and I could not be happier. Feels like the SRE with way less pedal effort than...
  3. I

Dkm stage 3 clutch

The one thing I couldn't get an answer to from DKM support was the concern with the guide pin being chewed up by the spacers. They didn't mention seeing any other instances of this or that there was any revision made. Any TOB, FTE or not, would have killed itself if the clutch got locked up on...
  4. I

Dkm stage 3 clutch

DMK Revised the design on the hub so the spline sits further on the input shaft and is fully engaged at all times supposedly. I'm not sure how long ago the revision was made but if you have one of the more recent kits, you should be fine.
  5. I

Dkm stage 3 clutch

Just had mine fail after 2 years and 20k miles. At first it became extremely difficult to get into gear. I could tell the clutch wasn't fully disengaging when the pedal was depressed. That lasted for about a week until one night the TOB began absolutely screaming. I parked the car and ordered up...
  6. I

(Sold) New DKM MS Series Twin Disk Clutch Kit

(Sold) Brand new in box DKM MS Series Twin Disk Clutch kit. Just assembled by DKM two weeks ago so it is the latest parts and TOB revision. $1300 and I'll cover shipping up to $50.
  7. I

New pads at 20k miles, worth it to change rotors?

Unless the rotor is starting to form lip around the outer edge, just throw in the pads. I also went with the Centric ceramics for the very same reason. It's absurd how little dust they make in comparison to the OE pads.
  8. I

Clutch time, DKM or South bend?

Have had the DKM Stg 3 for about a year and a half and it has been great. A little chatter on occasion but nothing bad. Had the Sachs previously and it failed after 20k miles at stage one power. Vowed to never change this car's clutch again.
  9. I

New KW Height Adjustable Spring Kit

I hadn't yet seen any mention of these here on the forum so figured I would share the info. These don't show up on the US KW site yet and I have no idea if/when these will become available stateside. The link below is for the UK site...
  10. I

Fiat Chrysler’s new CEO Mike Manley

If FCA ceased to exist, the world as a whole would be driving less shitty cars. I'll give some level of respect to Jeep. Dodge and Chrysler are an embarrassment to the evolution of quality and reliability in the automotive industry. Fiat has had their head and shoulders completely up their...
  11. I

Dealer Clutch Replacement Cost Discrepancy

4-5 weeks ago I called the local dealer for an estimate on clutch replacement. My stock unit is on it's way out after 7k miles of APR Stage 1. I would provide the parts and was quoted $835(~7hrs x $120/hr) and a loaner would be provided for the day. This was the best quote I received even...
  12. I

Washer Fluid Sensor

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT USE RAIN X WASHER FLUID IN YOUR VW OR AUDI!!!! It leaves residue on everything it touches including your sensor. In my sensor pic the orange on the paper towel is just what I wiped off the sensor prongs. It prohibits voltage from crossing between the two sensor...
  13. I

Extended Wheel Lock Bolts

Still awaiting delivery of my GTI PP but that hasn't stopped my from buying parts already. I picked up the ECS Flush Kit spacers and I would still like to use wheel lock bolts. I have been searching around for extended wheel lock bolts and have come across a couple options but I would really...
  14. I

VWR Exhaust Teaser

I haven't seen much if any discussion on this exhaust. Given that Milltek does the manufacturing, there isn't much of a question on the quality but with that comes a hefty price tag. Anyone priced this unit out yet? Racingline hasn't posted $$$ yet...