GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GTI/TDI

1. G

New ECS Stage 2 Clutch kits.

Hey all. Just got the email for this new Clutch kit from ECS. Looks like a great deal for mk 5/6/7 GTI’s compared to the other options out there. Anybody have any input? https://youtu.be/uqcpHiS2ffs https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Volkswagen_New_Clutch_Kits_3465/ I am considering the Stage 3...
  2. G

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I’ve done this a bunch of times too. Lol. I wonder if there is a safety shut off switch programmed in to turn off after a set amount of time or not?
  3. G

I finally installed my JB4 with Bluetooth and bought the $30 app last night (not recommended starting this process at twilight)..lol. Lots of cursing and flashlights involved. Tips- -plug A Does not exist (skip directly to plug B, realizing this took me about a half hr and unplugging about 4...
  4. G

I went back to the dealer / Performance shop for the second time for that clunking sound coming from my rear passenger side. The first time they could not replicate it of course. In the two weeks that passed since the last time I was there it got quite a bit worse and sounded like trash, like a...
  5. G

I unfortunately have to take my car back to the shop after work today or Tomm. I’m getting a nasty sounding clunking sound from my back passenger side. Had the APR RSB and new Super Pro endlinks installed so I’m hoping it just needs to get re torqued down and thread locked. This was a very...
  6. G

Got some moddin done today! Smith VW Rocks! I brought my car into the dealer to check the steering wheel buttons that stopped working for me on sat, then started working again later that day. They found “a sporadic fault for lost communications with steering wheel control module.” And...
  7. G

So today I finally passed 600 miles on my new GTI so I took her on a 100 mile spirited and scenic drive all through Chester Co. PA. Was a great time. Love this car!! Oh and yesterday I gave her a bath too and got her tinted out as well. And finally I installed the $10 clutch stop mod this...
  8. G

What’s up fellas, I picked up my brand new 2018 GTI S (Manual) a couple weeks ago. I ended up getting white silver metallic, and I love that color! I’m leaving in a few minutes to head to the tint shop And I will post pictures when I get back. I also got the $10 EBay Clutch stop in the mail...