GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Golf R1

1. Golf R1

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs

Since I only included a shot of the rear spring here's a pic of the set from APR
  2. Golf R1

The ride is firmer in all modes. Body roll has been reduced and it feels more planted, especially in the corners. I was afraid it would be too firm and I'd lose the ability to enjoy comfort mode; although it still does a nice job on bumpy roads. I like the responsiveness a lot. Big thumbs up...
  3. Golf R1

Just dropped the car off for install and pulled one out of the box for the photo. Also adding a new set of Michelin PS4S on Cadiz with DCC. Looking forward to improved handling.
  4. Golf R1

Michelin Pilot Super Sport VS Pilot Sport 4S

Trying to decide on which to go with. I've gotten 20K miles out of the stock Contis and they're pretty thin. Going with 235-35-19 on a set of Cadiz. According to Tire Rack: PSS - $241/tire, 9" wide, 23 lbs PS4S - $232/tire, 8.5" wide, 22 lbs These seem to be the main differences.
  5. Golf R1

Sunday Times Hot Hatch comparison battle.

Bring back the Pacer!
  6. Golf R1

Air recirculating off when A/C turns off?

I have the box checked within the A/C menu to remain on always; although each time I turn the A/C off the light goes out, leading me to believe fresh air (if that's what you want to call traffic exhaust) can enter the cabin. I find myself having to push the recirculating button back on every...
  7. Golf R1

The Fed's Thread

I think it's about time someone acknowledge our resident security guard. The Fed fires off thread topics more often than my DSG changes gears and while many topics are interesting others seem more fit for the barber shop. I've come to enjoy learning what's on his mind as he peppers us with his...
  8. Golf R1

Window control button take two

Driver side window button has to be used twice to get it to work. Never seems to work on the first try. Will take it to the dealer once I get a chance but was wondering if anyone has had the same issue or suggestions to resolve it. Is there something in VCDS I could look for?
  9. Golf R1

Which downpipe?

Going with a catted..... Narrowed down to Eurojet (Revo) or AWE resonated. Who has what and why. Who wishes they had something else? You get the drill. Thanks for the help. Need to be nudged off this fence.
  10. Golf R1

What did you drive before the Golf R?

-2013 EVO X MR Still my daily driver while the R gets showroom treatment in the garage. Keeping both while I plan the R mod list. Going for a pure stock look with lots of surprises under the hood.
  11. Golf R1

New Golf R in Florida

New R owner and I must say wow. Was afraid I might feel underwhelmed moving from an Evo X MR but the R definitely delivers. Planning to ride stock for the first 1K miles just to gain an appreciation for the eventual tune. Undecided between an APR ECU & TCU combo versus the much talked about...
  12. Golf R1

Those DAP sensors....

I'm trying to decide on a Golf R with or without DAP? I'm all in on the technology even though I presume some of the features will be more useful (adaptive cruise) than others (parking assist). The cost is very reasonable and isn't factoring into my decision on this. Sounds like a no brainer...