GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by FrankieThissen

1. F

18" Fifteen52 Podium w/ Indy 500s

:oops: My bad, added to the original post
  2. F

18" Fifteen52 Podium w/ Indy 500s

Hi all; Traded in my GTI so have a set of Fifteen52 Podiums w/ Indy 500 tires. Specs: 18x8.5 +45 (5x108/5X112) 255/35 Indy 500s - 7-8/32s tread life Have 3 sets of center lock nuts (1 faded red, 1 NIB red, 1 NIB black) Have a spare set of Center caps NIB Lug Bolts Center Nut Wrench 3 sets of...
  3. F

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Have had these on for awhile but never got around to posting on here. 18x8.5 +45 Fifteen52 Podiums Indy 500s 255/35 Lowered on EMD springs
  4. F

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

Not sure if you figured this out. But for me my A/C wasn't kicking on at all. I ran thru OBDEleven and found something like "Magnetic Clutch" in the Air Conditioning tab, set it to installed and After that my A/C started switching on and off.
  5. F

What springs(or)coilovers are you running?

Missed the part about the B8s. My though was that you are not increasing the overall suspension travel, just raising ground clearance. And when you install lowering springs, on stock struts, you have the same suspension travel, but less travel to the lower bumper stomps.
  6. F

What springs(or)coilovers are you running?

I don't know about this idea. You may raise the ground clearance of the car, but you will still have reduced shock travel. So you might not bottom out the car, but you will most certainly bottom out the shocks just like if you didn't have the lift kit. Atleast for the front, if it is just a...
  7. F

Opinion on EQT vs Stratified?

I had a stratified tune on my Focus ST. They were the guys for OTS tunes on the ST platforms. Their customer service and datalog reviews went above and beyond on my opinion. Seems like EQT is the guy for this platform as he gets the most attention across the board. Don't think you can go wrong...
  8. F

Mods you're wasting money on...

Some more fluids dynamics observations; The OEM intake has a gradual reduction in size up to the turbo inlet thus creating a laminar flow which could theoretically make it more efficient than a very large pipe that just butts up to the turbine housing. That aftermarket intake also having an...
  9. F

Places to look for used GTI.

I actually went to Ourisman about 10 miles from DC to get mine. Ended up being 6 hours worth of driving but the deal was incredible; had no idea why but makes sense now. OP, if you do decide to go new, I'd figure out the spec you want by testing out locally then pick a range you're willing to...
  10. F

Places to look for used GTI.

If you're going to get a loan, a new S trim might be in budget. VW is doing 0.9 for 60 months; when you factor in the terms of a used car loan and the high used car market right now a new S trim isn't far off. I got my 2020 S for around 26 OTD, I see some used GTIs in the mid 20s, albeit...
  11. F

Well I've only had my car for a month, so the plastics are still rather forgiving. I'm sure if you get a few years down the line it won't be quite as forgiving. But for me, everything went back together without a hitch.
  12. F

Just got mine installed tonight. Few tips that would’ve helped me. -remove trim from around AC controls before taking out cubby. For some reason I could not get the cubby out until the trim was out the way. -the clip for the USB-C connector faces inward towards cubby (not seen when you pull...
  13. F

I think the sensor needs to be turned 90deg so that the air can flow through the holes in the green board. Not 100% but that’s how I thought it needed to face
  14. F

Our heater box doesn’t have the flap to separate into dual zones. That’s definitely not possible without changing out the heater box