GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ejewels

1. E

Recall and tune question

Hey guys- I got the suction pump safety recall notice in the mail for my 2015 gti. I'm APR stage 1 tuned with 93. I heard that they have to drain gas and refill it to get the job done. Do I need to get my tune flashed to stock before I take it in? I ask because I'm assuming they fill the tank...
  2. E

PP vs Regular GTI - Post Tune

Hey All, If you take a regular base model GTI, and then a GTI sport or any model with the PP package, you have about a 10 hp difference. Isn't the 10 extra hp only coming from the ECU's stock tune? So in other words, if both cars were to get tuned (say APR)... does that tune override the...
  3. E

Replacing Clutch Fluids

Hey All, I am getting a new Southbend clutch installed in my car most likely. The place I'm getting it installed at recommends a $80 gearbox fluid change but said I don't have to do it, its just recommended. Car has 19k on it. Is this necessary?
  4. E

MK7 GTI DMF Part Number Help

Hello all, I'm trying to price out some clutch options for myself. Its recommended to replace the DMF of our GTI's if going the RSR/HoD/Sachs clutch kit route. Can someone tell me what part number I need for replacing the OEM flywheel? I see varying prices and got quoted fairly high for it, so...
  5. E

Sachs Experience and Stage 2

Hey all, I have a 2015 GTI S MT with an APR stage 1 low output tune. I originally went regular high output, but in 5th/6th gear when going 60 or so... I would give it a good amount of gas and it would slip. The low output took care of this, but I want to use the high output. I'm also...
  6. E

Roof Rack Experts - Thule/VW Rack Compatibility Question

Hey All, I looked for an "accessories" sub forum but couldn't find anything. I have a 2015 GTI with the VW OEM base racks installed. I have a 7 year old Thule sidearm bike carrier that I want to attach to it. My old thule rack had thinner rack bars, so the attachments on my sidearm are too...
  7. E

APR Stage 1 - Low to High Output Temptations

Hello All, So I recently got APR stage 1 low output (93 octane v1.2) installed and loving it so far on my '15 GTI. I went with the low output tune after hearing many clutch slipping issues and since this is my daily driver and i need reliability, didn't want to risk it too much. BUT... I am...
  8. E

Accurate 0-60 Numbers

Hello, Yes.. I know these cars aren't 0-60 heros nor is it an important number. But out of curiosity, what are ACCURATE 0-60 times for a stock mk7 GTI? Seems APR had 6.9, C&D and Motortrend had under 6 seconds and a long term test had it at 6.1 with C&D. Then there are the people with the p3...
  9. E

APR stg 1 - Fail to install - Some Questions

Hello Everyone, I took my june 2015 build date GTI into my APR dealer today to get a stage 1 tune. I am aware that the newer build 2015's and most likely the upcoming 2016s have ECUs that have some kind of added hardware or patch that makes it impossible to load APR software. My dealer tried...
  10. E

Reflashing and Dealer Trip Question

Hello, Not the typical dealer warranty and a tune question here. Technically when you take a car in for service, don't they usually plug in and if there are any software updates they install them (whether you flashed back to stock previously or not)? If this is the case, when you go back to...
  11. E

Weird vw marking?

Hello, I got a welcoming email from VW congratulating me on my new GTI purchase a week or so ago. It said "2015 Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GTI 155TSI M6F" in the model description. Anyone know what the 155tsi m6f is about?