GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dmals

1. D

Integrated Engineering Gen3 Mk7 Intake (New)

Installing the intake didn't take that long but the carbon fiber heat shield took the most time due to the fact you have to be careful with the small screws.
  2. D

Nope, nothing yet. I have asked twice about it and I'm just given the same answer of Awaiting IE to send us a shipment then we will send the orders out. Pretty frustrating not to get a straight forward answer to what the delay is but i guess that is what comes with the pre order sale.
  3. D

yes sir, i was told they are awaiting shipment from IE. From the sounds of it though sounds like they are back ordered.
  4. D

I got the same response and was also told they are awaiting confirmation from IE. Would be nice to know the truth instead of just sitting around guessing when they would get a shipment.
  5. D

Chicagoland Chat Thread

x2 on the recommendations of upgrading the mounts, I went with BFI stage 1 mounts after going FBO stage 2 with Unitronic and they have been rock solid. Also had Jay and Carson install my mounts they do great work and literally finished the job in less than an hour.
  6. D

NW Illinois Wednesday Night Meets

i would be down for this.
  7. D

FS: Integrated Engineering open intake mk7

Less than 500 miles on this guy. Went a different route with my intake and no longer need. Comes with everything for install. I’m located in the Chicagoland area and would be willing to meet up. 220 for everything and pics available upon request. Contact me at daviddim@gmail.com
  8. D

Secondary air pump access

Just picked up a Unitronic intake and looks like they want the secondary air hose removed and a filter directly installed on the pump. Any chance it can be accessed with out lifting the car and removing the guard? Thanks
  9. D

Flutter noise when letting of accelerator

New to the gti platform, I recently swapped out my stock dv for a turbosmart plumbback dv. I also put in an IE open intake, I have noticed when I let off the gas I get a slight flutter sound. Is this normal? Thanks for your time.
  10. D

Engine sputter in 4th gear

Was on my way home last night and did a hard pull to pass a few cars and the epc light came on and was in limp mode. Felt the engine really shaking when I pulled over to restart the car. Epc light was gone and I was able to get home. This morning I was on the way to work and did a hard pull on...
  11. D

MK7 vs cocky kia optima owner

So for the past week I have been running into a kia optima on my way to work. My shift starts at 6am so I usually like to relax and cruise my way to work. Nothing fancy about my setup, Unitronic stage1+ with exhaust. For some strange reason this guy has been tailgaiting me and aggressively...
  12. D

Limp mode but no epc or cel light

First time gti owner here, bought a used 15 gti with 35k miles. Car has the unitronic stage 1+ flash. Was driving to see my parents when I went to overtake a truck when around 5k rpms I felt a power loss, acceleration was poor till I got to my parents house. During that time the epc nor the cel...