GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by c_tietjen

1. C

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

So im curious.... whats the difference between MIB2 and MIB2.5? what benefits do I get? I know 2.5 is required for the 9.2 screen.... anything else? any difference in features if I want the digital gauges at some point?
  2. C

thanks so much. not worth the mib2.5 brain just to get the 9.2 screen! ahah guess im getting the glass 8 inch screen
  3. C

trying to figure out what i need for a larger screen. i currently have the 6.5 inch screen and tax return has me itching for a larger screen.... i know to go with the 8 inch i will need a new trim bezel. do the 8 inch and 9.2 inch screens use the same bezel? can i use the 9.2 screen on my car...
  4. C

thanks for the swift reply and the good news!!
  5. C

I've had my mib2 for a week now and love it to pieces. jack is great to work with as everyone says. i stayed up stupid late to get ahold of him and he didnt end up responding for around 2 hours after he started work. ended up waking up an hour or so before his shift was over and he got me in...
  6. C

Just wanting to confirm this is what it’s supposed to look like prior to the new brain and programming. Installed the USB port/ cable, and screen today, and my 5054 cable came in the mail. Just want to make sure I’m 100% ready for jack!
  7. C

So, I’m almost ready to do my full conversion, curious if I can install the screen and install the USB port with my MIB1 system in the meantime? Will the screen still work and just look funny? I know the USB port won’t work and that’s fine, just wanted to get as much done this weekend if I can!