GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
when I adjust the volume through app connect it changes the volume on my phone. so if i'm on the phone it changes the volume to the phone call, if I'm streaming music it changes the media volume to the phone.

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
Yes. I meant you can’t adjust the volume on your device(using the device volume buttons). Once Apple carplay is connected my device volume bar is grayed out and you solely rely on the vehicles volume control... which works fine.... it is just a hell of a lot quieter than Sirius and other inputs.

mattcony

Can anyone confirm if a “3Q0035844 B“ unit can be used, there seems to be quite a few popping up from Tiguan & Atlas platforms mostly 18/19 year.

I read on another post that revision A units by Delphi are very buggy ?

thanks

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Can anyone confirm if a “3Q0035844 B“ unit can be used, there seems to be quite a few popping up from Tiguan & Atlas platforms mostly 18/19 year.

thanks

Can’t 100% confirm but I don’t think it would be an issue as most everything works the same. The B unit can actually accept higher version of firmware than the others can and have a slightly different UI skin

JM Popaleetus

thanks
Will in-fact work just fine (y).

c_tietjen

I've had my mib2 for a week now and love it to pieces. jack is great to work with as everyone says. i stayed up stupid late to get ahold of him and he didnt end up responding for around 2 hours after he started work. ended up waking up an hour or so before his shift was over and he got me in right then. an hour or two later and we were all done.

i did have one question. i opted for the 6.5 inch screen with the plans to go 8 inch at some point. if i go 8 inch, is it still just plug and play? is there component protection for the screen? do i need any additional programming? not sure if this has been addressed already, but seeing as this is post number 893, im not sure im up for reading through all 892 previous posts for this little tidbit of info..... so i apologize in advance!

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
i did have one question. i opted for the 6.5 inch screen with the plans to go 8 inch at some point. if i go 8 inch, is it still just plug and play? is there component protection for the screen? do i need any additional programming? not sure if this has been addressed already, but seeing as this is post number 893, im not sure im up for reading through all 892 previous posts for this little tidbit of info..... so i apologize in advance!

Straight swap, nothing else needs to be done, no CP, no other changes required.

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Is there a consensus on whether to program a mib1 amp or to just get a mib2 one?

Does anyone have the 5054 cable for sale? Id rather not spend $120 on a cable im going to use one time.

Last edited:

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Is there a consensus on whether to program a mib1 amp or to just get a mib2 one?

Does anyone have the 5054 cable for sale? Id rather not spend $120 on a cable im going to use one time.
No, mib2 amp sounds slightly better but is quite expensive. Mib1 would be cheaper for nearly the same sound

aditud

Passed Driver's Ed

I do. I got it for $80 on eBay when I did my retrofit. It's been staying in its case since then. I'll sell it for $50, plus shipping.

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
If you plan on staying with the Mib1 amp (fender audio) do you have to make the vagcom updates prior to installing the other two MIB2 items (screen and glovebox headunit)?

Can Jack take care of the programming on the MIB1 amp instead?

Last edited: