GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by blackecho101

1. blackecho101

Spindle conversion for brembo 18z calipers

That is exactly what seems to be going on. Do you think there is a hub/bearing that I can swap into that spindle to fit the mk7 axle? The hub/bearing is different from the MK7 spindles, it even has a different bolt pattern, so I know it wont be as easy as swapping my MK7 hubs over to the Jetta...
  2. blackecho101

Spindle conversion for brembo 18z calipers

Ran into a problem that I didn't find when researching the brembo 17z/18z caliper swap on the Mk7. I sourced a set of spindles/hubs/abs sensors from a 2009 Jetta, they should be the same part number as from a Mk5/Mk6 GTi. According to all my research the steel Mk5/Mk6 spindles should be a direct...
  3. blackecho101

So who got the Szechuan Sauce today?

I got a bunch from my local mcdonalds yesterday for me and my fiancee to try them out. I figured I had to since we are Rick and Morty fans. (The guy at the counter said they had the sauce for weeks in the back.) We each came to the conclusion that it tastes like sweet and sour sauce mixed with...
  4. blackecho101

Blackecho's GTI build

Finally decided to start a build thread for my 2015 CSG GTI S with LP. This GTI replaced my Stage 2 DriverMotorsport MK5 GTI. This thread was created a little late and some modifications may be out of chronological order. I did my best to keep it true to the actual timeline. The car was...
  5. blackecho101

Camshaft replacement at 20k miles

Recently purchased a used 2015 mk7 GTI to replace my faithful mk5 GTI that was totalled in a accident. I had the car for one day and got a check engine light. I bought it at a dealership so back it went and i was told it was only a camshaft position sensor. A week or two later the car stalled...
  6. blackecho101

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed the BFI GS2 shift knob today! Feels good, but couldn't figure out how to keep the boot from bunching up, didn't cut the boot but didn't attach zip tie as high as I could on boot either. Would that help? Any advice welcome! Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk