GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bainbad

1. B

Rear Fog Light stopped working Mk7 R Estate

Epilogue... Sorry for delay in updating what happened about the fog light and the BCM. In April I took the car to the nearest VW main dealer 56 miles away. They had it for three days. They confirmed all the information that I had given them (as discussed in the previous posts) - labour =...
  2. B

Don: thank you! I don't think there is a problem with the fog-light indicator lamp on the dashboard. It does illuninate when the output test is initiated. I had posted: Using the Output test for Rear Fog light both the Rear Fog Light and the amber Dashboard Warning light do come on...
  3. B

Don: that "virtual mk7" of yours looks extremely impressive! Thank you very much for the detailed analysis that you have done with it looking into my Rear Fog issue. Yesterday I did try the "total vehicle reset" by removing both battery terminal connectors for 30 minutes. The anticipated bunch...
  4. B

Realised that the small indicator light for the Rear Fog on the Headlight Switch doesn't ever light up even when doing a successful Output Test for the Rear Fog. So I tested fuses C34 and C8 which both supply the Headlight Switch: both intact. Had to take the glovebox lid off on the RHD car to...
  5. B

Hi ZERO815 Thank your for the suggestion. I had already tried that "always" option for Lichtansteuerung HD AB 26 but had not posted it. However, I have just given it another attempt. Sadly it made no difference to the non-operability of the Rear Fog from the Headlight Switch.
  6. B

Is there a way to reboot the BCM without it losing all its coding in case it has just got a bit confused internally? Maybe after some form of reboot it would start recognising the signal from pin 5. Wishfull thinking I guess.
  7. B

Thanks Don I have checked the output on my car from the OBD11 as per the following two screenshots. All the data looks identical to what you have posted for the Leuchte-set for the factory coded rear fog-light with an incansedcent lamp for a UK car in your MQB database. Does this exclude the...
  8. B

Still no working Rear Fog Light but OBD eleven arrived yesterday. Bit of a learning curve, but so far: No fault codes in Central Electronics. Using the Output test for Rear Fog light both the Rear Fog Light and the amber Dashboard Warning light do come on! Using the Live data test for Rear Fog...
  9. B

Hi Don Thank you for the additional information. The earliest that VW can look at the car is 24th April so that gives me some time to see if I can fix it first! Have ordered an OBDeleven device. Looks like I should be able to test the integrity of the wiring using the multimeter between...
  10. B

Hi Dan Thank you for reply and for your time exploring the long code string that I posted for the BCM. I did already try fitting a brand new rotary light switch from VW parts yesterday. The car only has the single rear right hand side fog light. There are no front fog lights. The rotary...
  11. B

2016 Mk7 R Estate just failed MOT as Rear Fog not working. Rear Fog Bulb OK (tested) and fitted a new headlight switch from VW, correct part number (MOT mechanic thought the headlight switch was the culprit). When headlamp switch in the Rear Fog on position (pulled out) there is no dash light...