GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Al_in_Philly

1. A

Race mode makes the gas pedal too touchy

And I thought that they were all driving around in golf carts.
  2. A

I'm also one of those "slowly losing coolant" people

That is pretty much where the coolant level should be. When you fill the reservoir up to max, with the engine cold, it will likely begin to expel a bit of the fluid when the engine (and the coolant circulating within it) gets hot, but not so much that when the engine has cooled that your...
  3. A

K&N filters opinions

You're absolutely right about the Coronavirus almost always being part of some amalgamation of other particulate matter. But the research that I read was from engineering journals, describing how the turbulence within filter systems causes particles to get caught on filter fiber elements even...
  4. A

Race mode makes the gas pedal too touchy

To be fair, PS4S tires are amazingly good in the rain, for a performance summer tire.
  5. A

K&N filters opinions

To be fair, I needed to see some illustrations in technical papers before I fully got it. Plus, there is a limit as to how well an oiled element will catch particulate matter. There is always a trade off between filtration and airflow. But, as many have found out, a reasonably good oiled air...
  6. A

K&N filters opinions

Regarding oiled air filters. Remember the good old days of the pandemic, and everyone was looking for N95 masks? Well, those N95 masks had gaps between the fiber elements of around 3 microns. But the coronavirus had a diameter of only 1 micron. How could those masks keep 95% of the viruses...
  7. A

Golf r help

Adding to what AFB just asked: does this happen all of the time, or just when it's not fully warmed up, as thermal metal expansion/contraction can cause such sounds, especially in cold weather.
  8. A

VW Golf R 2016 coolant system problem.

Sorry if this is a bit basic: Virtually all modern cars have radiator overflow catch tanks with breather valves. When your coolant gets hot a valve open to let the expanded coolant and any trapped steam escape into the overflow catch tank--that tank, too, has a breather tube which vents out...
  9. A

Screwing Around with Porch Pirates

Fed, I opened this thinking it was about "Porsche Pirates." But it was hugely entertaining. What I found to be really sad were these kids, whose parents stole what they thought were VR headsets, claiming that it was "a scam." Had painfully ironic. These kids had parents who were robbing...
  10. A

Movie and TV Recommendations

Absolutely! Even if just for the opening credits.
  11. A

mk7.5 R space saver spare

Makes sense.
  12. A

7.5 R 2020 front creaky suspension

I had to replace my top mounts because of noise issues at about 25,000 miles.
  13. A

Of course, to do this one would need to carry around either two jacks, or one jack and one jackstand. Then again, I question this whole premise. Space-saver spares don't use the same rubber compound as normal tires; rather, they use a super-sticky compound similar to what one finds on...
  14. A

If a 30" breaker bar isn't a "self-defense tool," I don't know what is.
  15. A

GTI wheels for R

If you're looking for 19" wheels, I was about to sell my original alloys for $100-set, just to clear some space in my basement. Shoot me a DM quickly if you want them. A couple have some minor curb rash. I'm in the Italian Market section of Philly.