GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Aelwulf

1. A

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Here's a few different angles/phone tilts. Lighting got bad with the fog coming in. I might've set my VW part a hair low, hard to tell. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  2. A

I'll see about getting another one next time I'm out. Can't get much further back in front of the garage. You don't have to put the matte piece first, but you can't see the VW pattern under the gloss part so you'd have to be REALLY good at eye-balling or use some other way to mark where it...
  3. A

Finished the badge changes. Put on the Badgeskins overlay. Since the base covers the old VW I put on the matte VW from Badgeskins since it's preset on a sticker piece, then the CFB VW from Klii. They aren't exactly the same size on the pieces but it's pretty close. Can't tell unless you get...
  4. A

Finally got some minor cosmetic things done. Couple left to go. Got my Klii CFB inserts so put on the rear one. Also put on my Klii mirror back and BadgeSkins rear reflector hex shades. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  5. A

Some. Right now more my own fault though. Leaving the military next spring and I'm trying to be sure we're as ready as possible in the event it's not smooth. Since I cut back on spending way too much on birthday parties, random trips, etc. she gripes if I get things. Depending on which...
  6. A

Same here most likely to be honest. But since it's also a quasi-family car and it's something the kids would like messing with on occasion it has an extra bonus. That, and the more things I can claim are usable for the family, etc. the more leeway I'm given to spend money on the car for fun...
  7. A

Steering wheel for a backseat driver? ;)
  8. A

I'm debating this with one of the changeable sets. Just been worried it'd look too tacky. :/ Might give it a shot, thanks.
  9. A

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I need to check for this on Android Auto as well. Keep meaning to, keep forgetting, and keep getting annoyed when I just want to charge my phone. :p
  10. A

Early Retirement Investing: Ditch my 2018 Golf R?

I agree with most of what others seem to be saying. Car's aren't an investment. You'd likely take a hit if you just bought it new unless you got a hell of a deal. Even then, circumstances could give a hit (took a small one trading in my 18-month Ram that was technically 'in the black')...
  11. A

Which deflectors did you go with? Curious if any issues contacting when the mirrors are folded up. Only thing holding me back from getting some, seems most I've read comments on so far get that problem. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  12. A

[emoji1] I have two little girls. The concern here is real. Finally got tint on the windows. Helped get it done sooner when the wife took the car to pick up our daughter and it got warm in the car on a cool day. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  13. A

Need help with some correction

I was gone for two weeks, and while gone the car got a bit crusty due to daily morning fog, etc. even though I washed it the day before I left. I also got a small row of bird crap on the hood. I took a clean microfiber and clean water and washed off the bird poop to try and avoid...
  14. A

2019 VW Tiguan

That's a nice discount. Think we got around $3500 off ours, and that was *supposedly* in part because I was getting the GTI.
  15. A

What is your occupation?

Thanks! Back in the day I washed out of the Arabic Linguist course and had Loadmaster as a top preference for retraining. Got Weapons. Can't complain but would've like the additional travel you all seem to get. That, or maybe refueling boom operator. ;)