GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
on the app...look for a series of 3 dots (or settings)

edit: sometimes to get there you need to start it, then exit it to bring up menu

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Android auto
Settings
Auto launch
Unselect "start automatically"

Apple should be similar

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Android auto
Settings
Auto launch
Unselect "start automatically"

Apple should be similar

Assuming we are referring to Apple Music auto launching. I don’t see any settings for auto launch.

Mine doesn’t auto launch anything. Maybe because I mostly use Spotify?

Another tip I have seen is to download a blank / noiseless track and rename it with an underscore prefix so that it’s alphabetically first in your library.

Dan84

Ready to race!
Waiting, I know folks in the UK had the roll out this morning

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Do tell. Know what it adds?

I hope it fixes how fucking awful it is.... Half the time it just flat out doesnt connect, the other half it doesn't start the apps I need (spotify mainly) so it automatically assumes I want to listen to google podcasts which I don't use, and its always so damn slow. I have to press play at least 5 times before it actually starts playing, I click the maps icon and it opens the app but doesnt show any maps or anything until i click off the maps screen onto home or music or something and then back onto the maps screen.

This morning I changed a song and it made my entire phone hard reset. After 20 minutes it finally connected again and wouldn't load anything past the android auto homepage.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I hope it fixes how fucking awful it is.... Half the time it just flat out doesnt connect, the other half it doesn't start the apps I need (spotify mainly) so it automatically assumes I want to listen to google podcasts which I don't use, and its always so damn slow. I have to press play at least 5 times before it actually starts playing, I click the maps icon and it opens the app but doesnt show any maps or anything until i click off the maps screen onto home or music or something and then back onto the maps screen.

This morning I changed a song and it made my entire phone hard reset. After 20 minutes it finally connected again and wouldn't load anything past the android auto homepage.
Daaaaaaang that sucks. Never had something that bad happen. I love how out of 60 songs on a Amazon music playlist, it only selectively sees 10...I thought that was annoying until I read your post.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Daaaaaaang that sucks. Never had something that bad happen. I love how out of 60 songs on a Amazon music playlist, it only selectively sees 10...I thought that was annoying until I read your post.

I never really had any major issues with it until recently. A couple months ago I updated it and it killed all functionality completely. I made this thread about it

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49819

Ever since that update its been slow as all hell and giving me issues all the time. It could be my phone, its pretty old. Galaxy S7

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
You guys should stop bothering with trying to play music off your phone and use the SD card, it's way faster and foolproof and completely independent of your phone. Unless of course the music is infected with some crappy apple DRM that doesn't let you copy them to another device.