Car(s)
2019 Golf R
that's simply what Drew told me in text 20 min ago LOL

1706796520053.png

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I'll get it out in the mail today to you. No need to return, I'll never be taking a hpfp apart again.
Just going straight to MPI this time huh

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just going straight to MPI this time huh

Things I'll never do again:

1) Trust a "lady" of the night in Thailand
2) Disassemble a HPFP

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

2) Disassemble a HPFP
I’m going to have to rewatch the DIY video on how to disassemble it. Good news is I still have the stuff on hand that is required, but man I hate taking it off… What a PITA

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
cheaper or not, MPI is just smarter and you gain benefits as compared to just doing a HPFP. Kind of a no-brainer I think.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
nope but its also a different product. Pretty sure MPI kits are not trying to price-war with HPFP internals. There is just no way that can happen. I would rather spend more and get a great solution than spend $280 for a whatever this-gets the job done solution.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
nope but its also a different product. Pretty sure MPI kits are not trying to price-war with HPFP internals. There is just no way that can happen. I would rather spend more and get a great solution than spend $280 for a whatever this-gets the job done solution.
Totally valid…. But I’m at the “can’t” point…maybe down the road

scrllock

Autocross Champion
problem with the cheap internals kits is when your hpfp fails now you gotta buy another hpfp and the smart thing to do at that point is add MPI, so then you're out $280, plus another hpfp, AND the cost of MPI.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
yup…worst case scenario I get it. It’s a “I’ll save up for it” item

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

2) Disassemble a HPFP
I like this and want to contribute::

1: Stand in line at WalMart checkout (hello curb side pickup)
2. Pay high APR for a car because I want the car.
3. Let another driver's un-attentive driving mistake cause me to stand on my brakes. I'm just going to plow into them, dash cam will be all the evidence I need. I honestly think some people do it for fun to see if you will rear-end them.
4. Talk to a business on the phone if they are "recording for quality and training purposes." Tired of that shit, if you value my business, talk to me like a normal person.