IMG_2740.jpeg

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Hammering out projects today….

View attachment 280687
IMG_2746.jpeg

I’m kind of shocked, this sounds good. I’m glad I wasn’t super annoyed with this purchase, and install. I guess I was kind of surprised I liked it, and kind of figured I’d be putting the OEM exhaust back on.

Only minor dislike is how far out the tips stick.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I'll take a pic but the recall added some sort of small box in line between the body harness and the shifter selector. It's likely a resistor or chip with additional tolerances if I had to guess. I have a feeling something in the shift mechanism is plastic that shouldn't be and after 133k miles of FedEx next day sends it's just wearing. (Like I needed another excuse to buy a RHD shift mechanism to bring the +/- to the drivers side on LHD lol)

My wagon is officially a Hawaiian. Sadly the Volcanos National Park plate is just a vinyl over a thing piece of steel. ASSMAN was denied so I'm open to ideas.
IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

I love going fast and pushing the car to the limit, but man there is something about this camper and exploring this island. Last night I set up at Laupahoehoe Point again. (Honestly if you visit the big island you have to check it out. The views, night sky and air are other worldly.) Woke up around 5am to catch the sunrise. The picture is from my camper looking east.
IMG_2300.jpeg

IMG_2315.jpeg

Then I took the scenic route across the island. Saw this awesome Quadvan at Mcdonald's in Waimea/Kamuela.
IMG_2325.jpeg

Hit Kohala Mountain Rd again, but this time I was chasing the local P-car club down. 10/10 recommend, just need stickier tires for the trailer haha.
IMG_2326.jpeg

IMG_2327.jpeg

I'm currently setup at Mahukona Park which is an old sugar cane boat dock turned into a park for the sunset. Life is good.
IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
DG spring install today, along with suspension refresh. Very stock like feel when driving which is what I wanted. Got to use my new Milwaukee mid torque impact for the first time it absolutely rips!

Attachments

• 20230513_114353.jpg
    20230513_114353.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230513_121746.jpg
    20230513_121746.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230513_203119.jpg
    20230513_203119.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 53

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
DG spring install today, along with suspension refresh. Very stock like feel when driving which is what I wanted. Got to use my new Milwaukee mid torque impact for the first time it absolutely rips!
That drop looks nice! Do you have a PN for those springs?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
That drop looks nice! Do you have a PN for those springs?

5G4071677E
I found this to be the cheapest price at the time ordering a few weeks ago, and it qualified for the vw rebate.
https://www.okcvwparts.com/p/53175668/5G4071677E.html

There are few threads about them on here, but the tldr is they are technically for Golfs but work well with the GTIs and give you a 0.75"-1.0" drop and retain mostly stock handling characteristics. If you have a DSG you wont get any reverse rake with oem rear spring pads it will sit evenly.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
5G4071677E
I found this to be the cheapest price at the time ordering a few weeks ago, and it qualified for the vw rebate.
https://www.okcvwparts.com/p/53175668/5G4071677E.html

There are few threads about them on here, but the tldr is they are technically for Golfs but work well with the GTIs and give you a 0.75"-1.0" drop and retain mostly stock handling characteristics. If you have a DSG you wont get any reverse rake with oem rear spring pads it will sit evenly.

Thanks, good to know about rake 👍