GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That’s awesome, I appreciate the review and you sending him my way!

Yeah I actually just sent him a email regarding the FMIC, even if it ends up being one off it’ll be cool. It’s interesting how that car is a blend of Mk6 & Mk7 parts
It's a shmorgusborg of parts on that PQ46 platform (NMS Passat -- which was only for North America) and unique (as a whole) to itself, but does share similarities & some parts

It never went MQB though (here)

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Installed the hitch this afternoon, had to get it done before the June bugs came out. Kinda messed up on trimming the valence, but you can’t see it unless your under the car so it doesn’t bother me.
Nice stealth install, I have an ecohitch which sits a little higher, even family members have questioned I had a hitch as they never noticed.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
On the way to work here in Ohio today.
I love beefy tires on VAG suvs.
Also saw a license plate - U GNA LRN😂
C2A37F4C-6A05-4661-B7DD-18AA1DFD3FC1.jpeg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
On the way to work here in Ohio today.
I love beefy tires on VAG suvs.
Also saw a license plate - U GNA LRN😂
View attachment 275310

Ohio plates are one of the better things about the state.

I personally had;

ELL YA (1st Gen Cummins)

AREU18 (Mk6 GTI FBO when I was 20)

FARM TRK (same Cummins)

But had friends with;

1STO100 (700hp Evo IX)

BND OVER (550hp Mk4 GLI)

GO ON3 (9 second Z28)

THKS DAD (C6 Vette bought new senior year)

CALL AAA (DSM, obviously)

SLO BANA (900hp EVO)

BUSTER (Mk4 Supra)

UNDR PSI (DSM)

I’m sure I’m forgetting a bunch, but if you keep an eye out in Ohio it’s vanity plate central.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
At the end of the day yesterday I finally tore down the OG transmission. It has steel shift forks (win) & the input shaft was worse than expected (doesn’t matter, have the junkyard one).

I dropped the cases off for Illusion Cherry Powder coat, but found out later the cases are Magnesium not aluminum so black Cerakote it is. I’m excited to see how they turn out.

Also ordered another $170 worth of bearings, covers, alignment pin & yet another puller so no stone will be left unturned. Still two last bearings I may need, but can’t get PN off them till my tools arrive.
894DCABD-2F12-4A6D-8398-0D5A0807E5ED.jpeg
E49CB448-82B9-4AF7-B62D-D8AD65CF2656.jpeg
A71A8A4A-1BEA-498D-8D51-E47863C8A8A9.jpeg
0B7BF92F-A082-4AA8-82BB-9E6F7CB174F3.jpeg
BDC8F9C9-C9E7-47A7-9C48-3BBA51D7B191.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
At the end of the day yesterday I finally tore down the OG transmission. It has steel shift forks (win) & the input shaft was worse than expected (doesn’t matter, have the junkyard one).

I dropped the cases off for Illusion Cherry Powder coat, but found out later the cases are Magnesium not aluminum so black Cerakote it is. I’m excited to see how they turn out.

Also ordered another $170 worth of bearings, covers, alignment pin & yet another puller so no stone will be left unturned. Still two last bearings I may need, but can’t get PN off them till my tools arrive.
View attachment 275317View attachment 275318View attachment 275319View attachment 275320View attachment 275321
Why and how did this happen again?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Tried out the new tools tonight on parts I’m not using.

Inside Bearing puller work’s absolutely amazing.

The puller part of the splitter was on backorder from the place I bought from, so I tried it with a regular one. 50/50 results on the test run so I’ll have to try to hunt one down stateside before I get to work on the real deal
5470F4F2-FDA3-412A-8999-04FBE2B42295.jpeg
FEDAB5E0-ED82-43F1-BFDB-322E2C9561CB.jpeg
387F233C-046E-4935-8BA3-CE31CB6C3D29.jpeg
1E16F565-9532-4727-8979-C3A0A56A2CD8.jpeg
DED98979-041A-4D2E-8076-F72734A4A5BC.jpeg
C9FE8177-15BD-4D5D-A48A-48C19E067DE4.jpeg

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Ordered Vorschlag camber plates. Supposed to be here Monday then I can get it in to the shop to get my coilovers, front and rear sway bars, end links, and camber plates installed. Can't wait.

Last edited:

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Blasted some nuts......walnut blasted valves and picked off all the crud. I have 67K miles and there was quite a bit of build up in the intake valve chambers. The dividers in there were absolutely caked with crud, the valve stems weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I also did new injectors since I was in there. The nozzles of the injectors were also pretty nasty, couple of them you couldn't even see the holes in the tips. Sorry no pictures.

If one of you guys plans on walnut blasting in the near future I have the intake port adapter for the vacuum if someone wants it, it worked perfect. I'll send it to you for free, the knowledge and fun conversation from this forum is payment enough. Below is the one I have, I can mail it out some time next week. First one to call dibs, just shoot me a PM

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Blasted some nuts......walnut blasted valves and picked off all the crud. I have 67K miles and there was quite a bit of build up in the intake valve chambers. The dividers in there were absolutely caked with crud, the valve stems weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I also did new injectors since I was in there. The nozzles of the injectors were also pretty nasty, couple of them you couldn't even see the holes in the tips. Sorry no pictures.

If one of you guys plans on walnut blasting in the near future I have the intake port adapter for the vacuum if someone wants it, it worked perfect. I'll send it to you for free, the knowledge and fun conversation from this forum is payment enough. Below is the one I have, I can mail it out some time next week. First one to call dibs, just shoot me a PM

That thing is amazing. I couldn't imagine trying to do a walnut blast without one.