GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Got Monica in yesterday afternoon. Need to go back in and give her just the TIP and inlet hose.

View attachment 271898
something something might have a tip laying around but not sure

anyway, fantastic intake! if you ever want to hear it, take the top off lol. i had the same one on my first MK7 and loved how the f&f perfectly matches the engine cover, but got sick of not being able to hear a ~$500 item when the only benefit of such items is to hear boost noises more.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
326737394_3374439206111223_3627472480454821038_n.jpg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Got Monica in yesterday afternoon. Need to go back in and give her just the TIP and inlet hose.

View attachment 271898
If I ever get around to swapping my Unitronic TIP in for the CTS one that's on there now, I'll sell you the CTS one at CSB bro deal price.

And yes, they're essentially identical parts, but I have a Unitronic intake and they didn't make a TIP when I got it and I'm an insane person who needs visible parts to match.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Don't be given him any deals on anything now. He's got a tip and a hose and he's a lazy sob.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If I ever get around to swapping my Unitronic TIP in for the CTS one that's on there now, I'll sell you the CTS one at CSB bro deal price.

And yes, they're essentially identical parts, but I have a Unitronic intake and they didn't make a TIP when I got it and I'm an insane person who needs visible parts to match.

Yeah, I got one included with Monica. Thanks though.

Don't be given him any deals on anything now. He's got a tip and a hose and he's a lazy sob.

no u

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
if you have a stock DV i think you'll be ok but holy shit, when I had a DV+ on my R doing the TIP was a collossal pain in the ass. Wound up having to get the aWd VeRsIoN

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
if you have a stock DV i think you'll be ok but holy shit, when I had a DV+ on my R doing the TIP was a collossal pain in the ass. Wound up having to get the aWd VeRsIoN
ez pz

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I got it on. Is DFG a Zhong Zhong brand? That shit was a bitch to get on. But it's on. Did have to temporarily take the DV off for more room just to make it easier. Went for a drive. Realized I never tightened the clamp for the tip/hose connection. I'll get it tomorrow.

imo even if you don't run a catch can, getting rid of that goddamn TIP hose for a -10AN line is so worthwhile.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-cold-weather-bypass-hose/021834ecs0102kt/
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/pcv-intake-adapter/006235ecs02~a/

Fully agree. Surprising, mine came off easily. It's honestly the first time I've never had to wrestle with it. But I had the whole upgraded ECS breather hose on my GTI, it's definitely a good QoL upgrade.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I got it on. Is DFG a Zhong Zhong brand? That shit was a bitch to get on. But it's on. Did have to temporarily take the DV off for more room just to make it easier. Went for a drive. Realized I never tightened the clamp for the tip/hose connection. I'll get it tomorrow.
They say their catbacks are handmade in the US. 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They say their catbacks are handmade in the US. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, I assume everything is made in China. But I mean it's an actual brand (which it looks like it is, I did some Google), not something just ordered off AliExpress like this

Screenshot_20230202-211246_AliExpress.jpg

Just had to really shove to get it in the hole. Maybe my IS38 is (was) just a delicate little unsoiled flower...

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yea, I wasn't really hung up on a name brand for those parts. I went cheap and got them during a sale, it was like $100 for both parts. I started with the tip/hose and an afe filter then upgraded to the racingline later on. TIP still looked pretty good for being in the car for 3 years though.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R