Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Finally home!

5C127F38-6E13-4D09-AC23-85583D37ED11.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I gotta say, the calipers and carriers are REALLY light…I was expecting them to be way heavier

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So plan is to start this little project tomorrow afternoon while WFH.......

Going to hit the caliper carrier bolts with PB blaster tonight so when I use my "move" breaker bar extension, it will at least move enough to where I can use my M12 impact......no snappage needed here lol.

Won't put all four corners up in the air until AFTER the calipers/carriers are mounted up and torqued down with some blue locktite. Then I'll place the rear up and flush the rest of the system.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
So plan is to start this little project tomorrow afternoon while WFH.......

Going to hit the caliper carrier bolts with PB blaster tonight so when I use my "move" breaker bar extension, it will at least move enough to where I can use my M12 impact......no snappage needed here lol.

Won't put all four corners up in the air until AFTER the calipers/carriers are mounted up and torqued down with some blue locktite. Then I'll place the rear up and flush the rest of the system.

Turn ya wheels to get the carrier bolts off, makes life a lot easier lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Turn ya wheels to get the carrier bolts off, makes life a lot easier lol
Oh yeah....was thinking through it last night.....way better access. I thought about doing both at the same time, but nope....one side at a time for sure

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Oh yeah....was thinking through it last night.....way better access. I thought about doing both at the same time, but nope....one side at a time for sure

Not sure if you’ve taken the rotors off before. Be careful of those set screws, don’t ask me how I know.

And be careful of the PB Blaster with your stud conversion - it loosened a bunch of mine.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Not sure if you’ve taken the rotors off before. Be careful of those set screws, don’t ask me how I know.

And be careful of the PB Blaster with your stud conversion - it loosened a bunch of mine.

I was on the fence with PB.....maybe I won't now....

set screws.......lemme guess....have to extract it? I'm hoping mine hasn't rusted badly

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I was on the fence with PB.....maybe I won't now....

set screws.......lemme guess....have to extract it? I'm hoping mine hasn't rusted badly

I think an impact hammer was what @jay745 suggested to avoid that. And I didn’t mean to scare you off PB blaster, it’ll still help, just be aware of where it’s going!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma