GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Added a Lil bump in the trunk. Bought off a cool local. It's a 12 inch Rockford Fosgate, shallow in a ported box. Removed the spare. Fits well, sounds perfect. Hooks up to the factory amp.

IMG_20221114_190742.jpg

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Added a Lil bump in the trunk. Bought off a cool local. It's a 12 inch Rockford Fosgate, shallow in a ported box. Removed the spare. Fits well, sounds perfect. Hooks up to the factory amp.

View attachment 265602
I had Some Rockford fosgate hx2 punches back in the day- didn’t realize they were still around 👍🏻

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

View attachment 265602
You’re trying to drive that off the oem amp… isn’t the factory amp something like 60 watts ? large ported boxes actually require you to power and sub with more rms than a sealed enclosure… even an entry level prime series 12 is like 250 watts rms… don’t disrespect audio world like that.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
You’re trying to drive that off the oem amp… isn’t the factory amp something like 60 watts ? large ported boxes actually require you to power and sub with more rms than a sealed enclosure… even an entry level prime series 12 is like 250 watts rms… don’t disrespect audio world like that.
Hey. Guys run big turbos on stock fueling.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Scratch that. Sealed, not ported.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It kind of looks like that strut isn't fully seated there in the knuckle. (it should bottom out against the lip at the bottom)
race shop installed it...he takes the knuckle out and installs off the car....I'm sure it's down as far as it can go

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
race shop installed it...he takes the knuckle out and installs off the car....I'm sure it's down as far as it can go

You mean a shop doesn't do it the proper way with a 2x4?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It kind of looks like that strut isn't fully seated there in the knuckle. (it should bottom out against the lip at the bottom)

Yeah that’s down all the way, on both my fortune 510s and my superlow bags they don’t bottom out.

They both have a larger diameter lower strut mount (about 60mm) that gets milled down to 55.
F610003F-762F-47DB-A7BC-4D0F80F92475.jpeg
2716FAED-3F30-45DA-B1A9-3FC73BF09615.jpeg
E1EDEEE5-7F0B-4B32-BB3E-03F7D3A5D72A.jpeg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
New BFI stage 1 engine/trans/dogbone mounts, and Superpro LCAs on. Vibration is kinda wild at idle, but I'm hoping that'll mellow out soon enough.
I don’t know if it’s because I already had the dog bone insert and was used to it or because I have the transmission insert instead of the full billet but I noticed absolutely no difference when I did my bfi mounts.