GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why the hell is my car so slow

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Which is why us MT drivers that race are more skilled drivers than the DSG folks. Just don't tell them that because they'll get their panties all bunched up if you do.
1662579320275.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Which is why us MT drivers that race are more skilled drivers than the DSG folks. Just don't tell them that because they'll get their panties all bunched up if you do.

So what's the difference then between using flappy paddles to shift when you want and pressing in a clutch pedal and touching a phallic thing?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I love to row the gears on some cars, but happy that I chose the DSG for the golf. I’m sure the manual is awesome also, just slower and not worth that particular cost to me. To each his/ her own, of course.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So what's the difference then between using flappy paddles to shift when you want and pressing in a clutch pedal and touching a phallic thing?
Skill?

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Maybe it slow cause its just a GTI.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Actually, flappy paddles (DSG) and phallic thingy referenced above are connected to different tranny's that have different gears. Different gears means your optimal shift points are different.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
so now that I own a DSG car and have drove it hard for the last 2 days...

you dsg guys are full of shit (also spelled as justification) .... this thing is just like driving a regular auto that just shifts quicker and you feel it down shift. not life changing or anything more than just driving an auto car, not anything alarmingly faster than a good manual shift from the driver seat either,

"oh its cause it needs and DSG tune" lol

on a second note... love how smooth and quite this passat GT is on the road, even if the stance sucks, it’s gonna be hard to not just deal with its looks for the comfort

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
@El_bigote_AJ for president!

Hilariously worded but I agree. 95%+ of the population don't know how to drive manual trans cars let alone drive them fast, so there's an assumption that they're so much slower.

Last edited:

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
so now that I own a DSG car and have drove it hard for the last 2 days...

you dsg guys are full of shit (also spelled as justification) .... this thing is just like driving a regular auto that just shifts quicker and you feel it down shift. not life changing or anything more than just driving an auto car, not anything alarmingly faster than a good manual shift from the driver seat either, but def

"oh its cause it needs and DSG tune" lol

on a second note... love how smooth and quite this passat GT is on the road, even if the stance sucks, it’s gonna be hard to not just deal with its looks for the comfort
Lol, good to know! Congrats on the new ride. I know that for me, I really enjoy tight mountain roads and the (1) manual golf that I’ve driven with that does have more power, couldn’t keep up in tight turns. Honestly doesn’t matter to me what other people drive, but I don’t think that my 25+ years of manual cars doesn’t make me a better driver, necessarily. It’s a stupid premise, imo. Or maybe I’m just full of shit? There’s always a faster, better driver than me and it’s probably the same for most all of us.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Lol, good to know! Congrats on the new ride. I know that for me, I really enjoy tight mountain roads and the (1) manual golf that I’ve driven with that does have more power, couldn’t keep up in tight turns. Honestly doesn’t matter to me what other people drive, but I don’t think that my 25+ years of manual cars doesn’t make me a better driver, necessarily. It’s a stupid premise, imo. Or maybe I’m just full of shit? There’s always a faster, better driver than me and it’s probably the same for most all of us.
wat