GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Dkm clutches scare me.
Because of the high rate of clutch failure or the correlation with crank walk? I definitely regret my purchase, but mainly because the driveability has always sucked and I could tell the TOB has been on its way out for a while (slowly migrating engagement point). I bought early on when all the reviews were sunshine and rainbows, but the horror stories started popping up soon after. I'm annoyed at the cost of fixing it, but I'll be happy when it's gone. I don't need the capacity and it'll be quieter, easier to drive, and less likely to cause crank walk with it gone.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I heard you were going to be there.

Sounds like a case of overpromising and under delivering.
Im inglese is lile bad

1651529635723.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Because of the high rate of clutch failure or the correlation with crank walk? I definitely regret my purchase, but mainly because the driveability has always sucked and I could tell the TOB has been on its way out for a while (slowly migrating engagement point). I bought early on when all the reviews were sunshine and rainbows, but the horror stories started popping up soon after. I'm annoyed at the cost of fixing it, but I'll be happy when it's gone. I don't need the capacity and it'll be quieter, easier to drive, and less likely to cause crank walk with it gone.
Bit of both lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Faster, able to handle more hp, and it's more reliable. That's better.

Not more fun.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I think my next mods will probably be for stick stiffening.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sometimes it feels a little soft. It doesn't need to be rock hard, but I think if it was a little stiffer it would feel pretty good.
Pushing wet noodle?

Status
Not open for further replies.