GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I decided to reinstall the BMP Tuning Illuminators and readjust my FMIC pipes after work. The driver side pipes show signs of rubbing on the belly pan (that don't sound right). Not much to work with so no dice on that. Also, I'm not really all that happy with ARM's placement of the ambient air temp sensor behind the crash bar. Tried moving it lower but my zip tie game was off today. Still have to level the lights but I'm still recovering from Covid so fuck it. I'm done for today.
Not a fan of ARMs relocation for the sensor either. Only issue is the ambient temps read 4-8 degrees higher. Not a big deal and IATs are happy with the IC, so small trade off.

I think someone was going to try and 3d print a new mount, but haven't heard much since.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Not a fan of ARMs relocation for the sensor either. Only issue is the ambient temps read 4-8 degrees higher. Not a big deal and IATs are happy with the IC, so small trade off.

I think someone was going to try and 3d print a new mount, but haven't heard much since.
Yea, I've experienced the same.

I do recall someone on here mentioned they were working on that too, been waiting for it...lol.

Last edited:

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Kids are growing so finnaly both seats are the same. The newer one has a bit darker cover - more chocolate-proof I guess :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220419_200455342.jpg
    IMG_20220419_200455342.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 74

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I really didn't want to start a thread:

Yesterday I got a warning that my rear plate bulb was out. I got out of my running car (Kessy) to check and yep I need a new bulb. When I got in I got a ping alarm every 5 seconds "Problem with key transponder" Not the "Not-Detected" one I've seen before. This alarm would go off every 5 seconds for five or six times Then I would just have a warning msg, until I stopped at a light, then the alarm cycle would repeat itself when I started moving. I have gotten out of the running car before with no problems

My guess is just weird VW electrical glitch as it didn't do it again although I haven't gotten out with the car running since.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Installed 034 dogbone, got rid of the nasty noise I got when letting off the clutch from a stop.

Now time to chase my final noise that only happens when accelerating hard.

urtoinpo

Car(s)
2019 Variant 150 TSI
Not wishing to re-ignite the rear wiper debate, but my OCD about maximum swept area on car wipers had me searching for a longer rear blade to replace the 'better-quality-than-standard' recommended 280mm/11 inch Bosch A282H I already had fitted.
A 300mm/12 inch option seemed a safe bet, but it turns-out Bosch don't supply one that size with the needed VAG-type mount, with only shorter 250mm and deffo. too-long 330mm options being listed.

In the end I took the plunge on a 12 inch Bosch A300H - which is the correct style of blade, but comes with a KIA/Jaguar mount.
Thankfully, my guess that a bit of applied force with a small screwdriver would remove the KIA mount without damage to the new blade proved correct and fitting the 'VW' mount from the old A282H proved straightforward.

After fitting to the car, I can confirm that there is still more than enough clearance using the 300mm blade and I'm happy in the knowledge that I'm now getting about 7% more wiped area.

I know this is pointless/pathetic/sad, but whatever...

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Applied a ceramic coating to my new satin black Neuspeed RSe10s. Upon closer inspection before applying the coating, the finish seems thin and cheap and is full of issues (uneven clear coat, blushing, areas of glossy finish). It's on every wheel. They'll be going on a daily driver in NYC so whatever, I'm sure worse will happen.

Will probably put them on the car tomorrow night or Saturday. When they come off late autumn I'll see about getting them powdercoated. For now I have to convince myself to give in and get Sachs SRE/APR+/FSB installed in one shot no regerts.

Last edited:

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Applied a ceramic coating to my new satin black Neuspeed RSe10s. Upon closer inspection before applying the coating, the finish seems thin and cheap and is full of issues (uneven clear coat, blushing, areas of glossy finish). It's on every wheel. They'll be going on a daily driver in NYC so whatever, I'm sure worse will happen.
Mine were Hyper Black. The finish started peeling after two years. They're powder and ceramic coated now.

NotUniqueUsername

Car(s)
2017 GTI (Stage 2+)
Got my new wheels/tires mounted finally! 245/45r17 on some Konig Hexaforms 7x8et40. Very happy with the grip... I can actually utilize my power now, especially through corners. Didn't realize a wider/lighter wheel would make that much difference.

Next up, some coilovers (drop about an inch max), and some new exhaust tips.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70