GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R
powermax stage 1 just wont work :( , we cant control boost, its overboosting or underboosting. WG duty cycle works like a switch on/off. thinking its a defective westgate actuator, we cant find any other explanation

so update on this

went to another tuner. base map loaded. got control of boost, did some tweaking so the car is driveable on "low boost" around 1.65 bar, the stock hpfp is at a limit to push for numbers. so will be upgrading the lpfp/hpfp and then follow up on the dyno to map it to a safe 450-60hp @ 1.85 bar

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
so update on this

went to another tuner. base map loaded. got control of boost, did some tweaking so the car is driveable on "low boost" around 1.65 bar, the stock hpfp is at a limit to push for numbers. so will be upgrading the lpfp/hpfp and then follow up on the dyno to map it to a safe 450-60hp @ 1.85 bar
Have any logs to share?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
the tuner loged the car, will do some of my own. what are You interested so i can log that info
I think people interested in the turbo want to see boost, wastegate, rpm. Bonus if you can log timing advance and lambda.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
What's the consensus on IE tunes? I don't see too many folks here running them. There also seems to be so som mild animosity towards them sometimes. I have an IE intercooler and it really seems to be high quality and very effective.
No idea. I’m relatively new to this platform, new to this forum, and not on social media. I’m EQT tuned having done research independent of this forum and social media. I like the Cobb AP, so I’m a little hesitant of their tuning plug thingy (technical term…). A flex fuel option on a Garrett turbo is appealing, would be more so if I could use the Cobb to install and manage it.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
A lot of people go Cobb + aftermarket Cobb tuner here, so you won't see much love for non Cobb tuners like IE.

I run them on my 1.8T since we don't have Cobb support. Their customer service is pretty quick to respond. No complaints from me, nothing obviously wrong with the tune, seem like any other OTS tuner.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
No idea. I’m relatively new to this platform, new to this forum, and not on social media. I’m EQT tuned having done research independent of this forum and social media. I like the Cobb AP, so I’m a little hesitant of their tuning plug thingy (technical term…). A flex fuel option on a Garrett turbo is appealing, would be more so if I could use the Cobb to install and manage it.
Their tune dongle is nice, you can log with their software to a laptop with it. Though it's just a flasher and ODB2 logger, it doesn't display anything like the Cobb AP does.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
What's the consensus on IE tunes? I don't see too many folks here running them. There also seems to be so som mild animosity towards them sometimes. I have an IE intercooler and it really seems to be high quality and very effective.
The logs that have circulated look.. not great. But it's a lot harder to screw up with ethanol. If I were a customer with a stock car and was looking to get into something, I'd still avoid them since their flex-fuel setup assumes an upgraded HPFP, which is pretty hit-or-miss compared to MPI in my experience.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
ehh, never tried them, the ones that use Cobb accessport, or some dongle, do make it easier for user to change up tunes/files etc... I would go with United Motorsport. But that's just me.;)

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT

I have their stage 2 HO file. I enjoy it immensely.
Changing tunes is easy, but obviously not as easy as using an acessport.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I have their stage 2 HO file. I enjoy it immensely.
Changing tunes is easy, but obviously not as easy as using an acessport.
I love the flex fuel aspect of this which would eliminate the need to swap tunes other than for emissions testing. Lots of compelling choices for us now.