GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
That's my motto.

But I've also never once complained about the price of gas 🤷‍♂️
I wouldn't either if I only looked at it from the individual level and not the broader economy. But if you'd like to have that conversation we can do so in the "other thread"

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Thinking about going back to Stage 1 tune. Other than the fact that my exhaust is louder than I would like, NYS SLEEP Act is pushing me to re-install OEM dp and exhaust.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I had a quarter tank of 87 in when I flashed to stage 1. Filled her with 93 right after. Driving like a grandma until I burn through this tank.
That'd likely equal out to 91-92. you don't need to drive like a grandma, it'll just pull 4-6 degrees timing instead of 2-3. But do as you feel comfortable.

Coach Beard

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I don't keep my car as clean as I should, or as I'd like to. Between driving as much as I do, and where I do (dusty), where I park (sap, bee poo, pollen) I just don't have the energy. Plus the paint is pretty bad anyway. It was in New Mexico before I bought it and looks like it endured some sand storms. I lived in an apartment for a while where the parking spots were very close to each other and door dings magically appeared. I'll detail it and paint correct once or twice a year and I even ceramic coated it once. But the inbetween is hard to keep up with.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I don't keep my car as clean as I should, or as I'd like to. Between driving as much as I do, and where I do (dusty), where I park (sap, bee poo, pollen) I just don't have the energy. Plus the paint is pretty bad anyway. It was in New Mexico before I bought it and looks like it endured some sand storms. I lived in an apartment for a while where the parking spots were very close to each other and door dings magically appeared. I'll detail it and paint correct once or twice a year and I even ceramic coated it once. But the inbetween is hard to keep up with.

I live in a rowhome in philly with no access to a hose or a place to clean or work on my car. I am looking to move out of the city asap but asap may not be for a few more years. I have learned to not care lol.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
My latest tank.
CE30A854-26DD-4D8D-803B-1AF0C53F2E95.png

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I live in a rowhome in philly with no access to a hose or a place to clean or work on my car. I am looking to move out of the city asap but asap may not be for a few more years. I have learned to not care lol.

Take a bucket to the car wash by Home Depot. They do meets there sometimes too, or at least they did back in the day

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Take a bucket to the car wash by Home Depot. They do meets there sometimes too, or at least they did back in the day
Honestly, Touareg has much better paint from the git than MK7. Mine is also paint protected. It’s also white. I am just gonna do drive thrus😈

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Honestly, Touareg has much better paint from the git than MK7. Mine is also paint protected. It’s also white. I am just gonna do drive thrus😈

Hopefully touch free!

I’ve been hitting the drive through on my way to work once a week lately out of laziness & disgust for the highlighter yellow pollen tint everything gets here in the South lol