GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Controversial opinion: If you can't afford (or don't want to pay) the extra $10 - $12 per tank to fill up 93 vs 87, you shouldn't be playing this game anyway.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Did EQT make a change to the Vortex recently? You only needed the LPFP with the Vortex XL not the standard Vortex.
Consensus seems to be the stock lpfp isn’t good for much more than 400whp, I think hpfp + lpfp is good for vortex standard, XL or e85 needs MPI and lpfp.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Consensus seems to be the stock lpfp isn’t good for much more than 400whp, I think hpfp + lpfp is good for vortex standard, XL or e85 needs MPI and lpfp.

Have you posted logs anywhere yet?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
why ? I would think you could run summers year round. Will just be expensive though. I personally don’t drive in a way where I’d ever need the difference between a top tier UHPAS like AS4/DWS+ and their equivalent summers (PS4S/Extreme Contact)
The difference is much smaller than folks are willing to admit but sure a summer tire has better outright dry grip and feel. If you have issues driving hard on PS4AS on a public road you have a driver problem not a tire problem. I'm also not talking about fwd wheel spin here.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
I had a quarter tank of 87 in when I flashed to stage 1. Filled her with 93 right after. Driving like a grandma until I burn through this tank.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Controversial opinion: If you can't afford (or don't want to pay) the extra $10 - $12 per tank to fill up 93 vs 87, you shouldn't be playing this game anyway.

E85....only $3.44/gal ftw

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Did EQT make a change to the Vortex recently? You only needed the LPFP with the Vortex XL not the standard Vortex.
The EQT team shouts "only need a HPFP with a Vortex" all the time, but it appears to me that doing that is on the ragged edge of the fueling limit. Combine that with the smallest variance of LPFP ability (apparently they aren't all created equal), IMO, it shouldn't be a one size fits all answer. There's a very real possibility that a LPFP will be needed as well and there's no way to tell until it's already done and logged.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
E85....only $3.44/gal ftw

1648582679178.png

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R