GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Thank you for the reply. I installed it, yes the PR rail kit. I don't think it's ever worked, I've never seen any other value except 159.6. I just reseated the power plug, and repinned the blue wire. I will double check the orange wire now.

Just to make sure I am trying read the correct data, this is on an accessport. I am looking at "lpfp actual psi." Know if this is the correct data to look at?
Should be the correct one. Surprised whomever your tuner is didn’t notice. Either the sensor is dead or the pins aren’t seated in the ecm connector. But I’d think it would show zero if that was the case. I would reach out to PR. I had concerns about something with my kit last summer and they got back to me quick and even called me.

LV_S3

Car(s)
Audi S3
Should be the correct one. Surprised whomever your tuner is didn’t notice. Either the sensor is dead or the pins aren’t seated in the ecm connector. But I’d think it would show zero if that was the case. I would reach out to PR. I had concerns about something with my kit last summer and they got back to me quick and even called me.
I'm in the process of getting it tuned now. I sent my first log out, and it takes a week for a revision/reply. When I looked at my logs my rail pressure is dropping, and my lpfp duty hovers around 15%. Someone online said since my "lpfp actual psi" is reading at 159.6, the ecu isn't requesting more duty from the lpfp. I thought it may have been a starting map issue, but I don't know enough about it myself. Thanks for the reply, I'll reach out to Precision Race works.

Is there a way to check if my injectors are working on the new fuel rail? Something I would be able to see in the logs?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
I'm in the process of getting it tuned now. I sent my first log out, and it takes a week for a revision/reply. When I looked at my logs my rail pressure is dropping, and my lpfp duty hovers around 15%. Someone online said since my "lpfp actual psi" is reading at 159.6, the ecu isn't requesting more duty from the lpfp. I thought it may have been a starting map issue, but I don't know enough about it myself. Thanks for the reply, I'll reach out to Precision Race works.

Is there a way to check if my injectors are working on the new fuel rail? Something I would be able to see in the logs?
That I don’t know. I wish it was in an FAQ. I’d like to know the parameters for the MPI spraying.

LV_S3

Car(s)
Audi S3
I am going to try to repin all the wires again to rule out issues on my end. I saw somewhere that it's easy for the wires to appear pushed in completely/correctly when they aren't. Do the pins need to be oriented a specific way when pushing them in? They all appear to be pushed in completely, but I can't really see any of the terminals when I look through the holes on the other side?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
I am going to try to repin all the wires again to rule out issues on my end. I saw somewhere that it's easy for the wires to appear pushed in completely/correctly when they aren't. Do the pins need to be oriented a specific way when pushing them in? They all appear to be pushed in completely, but I can't really see any of the terminals when I look through the holes on the other side?
Yes they need to go in a specific orientation. I’m curious if they can tell you how to test the sensor first with a meter

Last edited:

LV_S3

Car(s)
Audi S3
Apparently I didn't pay close enough attention when removing the initial blanks in regards to their orientation. I just took out a blank now to check its orientation. Does each wire have a different orientation for it to look into place? Or are they all oriented the same way?>

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Apparently I didn't pay close enough attention when removing the initial blanks in regards to their orientation. I just took out a blank now to check its orientation. Does each wire have a different orientation for it to look into place? Or are they all oriented the same way?>
Step 48 shows the orientation. Worse comes to worse knock out another blank to be sure. You can always put it back

LV_S3

Car(s)
Audi S3
I reread the instructions and reread this whole thread. I am going to try to rewire everything tonight, with a new wiring harness. My only problem is I'm not sure how to remove the terminal in the fusebox for the wiring harness i have in there currently. I've tried with some depinning tools I have. Anyone have any tips? Not sure how much force I should be using to remove it.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
I reread the instructions and reread this whole thread. I am going to try to rewire everything tonight, with a new wiring harness. My only problem is I'm not sure how to remove the terminal in the fusebox for the wiring harness i have in there currently. I've tried with some depinning tools I have. Anyone have any tips? Not sure how much force I should be using to remove it.
Aside from a pin not seated in the ecm, I don’t see you having any other wiring issue. Just seems unlikely. The sensor could be dead

LV_S3

Car(s)
Audi S3
How far past the terminal does the wire need to go into the connector? Not far? Quite a bit? I am just going to completely redo the wiring, but I can't seem to get the fusebox terminal out. If I still don't get a reading then I'll look into getting the sensor replaced.