GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Never made it to a valid end of day though.

It was never setup up to keep them on the same plane IMO. If Jon noticed the early email with Sneekys first revision he may have been deeper into the revisions with him and if he would have said “give me all the boost” to Sneeky as he did nick you would have seen them running the same boost and close timing. And honestly from seeing well sorted eqt cars and well sorted Sneeky cars run head to head - they end up being the same anyways 😂. It’s just human nature that we all just enjoy a divide 😂😂

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Also side note - Jon, just put the vortex on the R get a stage one tune for it to run 28 psi and taper to like 24/25 like a is38 stage 1 would do and you get the added power and still have the comfort of not worrying about a max effort setup.

And that dig launch feeling that gets your pecker hard… will be even harder on a vortex standard than an is38 halfway through it life window. 😀. Look… have I ever steered you wrong before.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Also side note - Jon, just put the vortex on the R get a stage one tune for it to run 28 psi and taper to like 24/25 like a is38 stage 1 would do and you get the added power and still have the comfort of not worrying about a max effort setup.

And that dig launch feeling that gets your pecker hard… will be even harder on a vortex standard than an is38 halfway through it life window. 😀. Look… have I ever steered you wrong before.
Yeah Jon - do all that.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i get a little confused about turbo swaps and 'compatible tunes' - are you talking about an off the shelf tune or a custom?

and kind of the same question but also different, could i just swap an upgraded is38 while still running an OTS tune for more reliability or a little more powa?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

Listen to this man.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
i get a little confused about turbo swaps and 'compatible tunes' - are you talking about an off the shelf tune or a custom?

and kind of the same question but also different, could i just swap an upgraded is38 while still running an OTS tune for more reliability or a little more powa?
Sorry to clarify I just used the stage 1 term cause he’s going to keep the oem downpipe on.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Yeah Jon - do all that.

Listen to this man.

Sorry to clarify I just used the stage 1 term cause he’s going to keep the oem downpipe on.

Creating_Bugs_Bunny's__No_.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Fine keep it listed for sale for the next 4 months while dropping the price and further making your loss greater, and then on the 5th month when the oem shaft gives out on your is38 with no warranty use the $1150 you got for selling your vortex to buy and new is38 from fcp.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So Jon - at the end of the day EQT vs Sneeky?

Honestly, you couldn't go wrong with either. They both have "issues" with communication, and I put that in quotes because it's just the way it is when you're working with one person (Nick or Sneeky), who's then juggling multiple tunes for multiple clients at the same time. Just the result of being a popular, successful tuner. It'd still call it an issue, because from a client/customer perspective, it still sucks, even if you understand why it's happening.

From the tune side, they were both fine. If you're chasing 10ths of a second in anything, I'm sure one will be better than the other. But from a basic, daily driver perspective, they were both pretty much the same drivability.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
time for that title change, or do we need a poll for who does that around here at this point

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@Daks Return your unused HPA turbo, I'll cut you a deal on a Vortex. I'll say it's a pineapple valued at $5 for customs.