GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Rust is the Achille’s heel of the Tacoma. I also want to keep the salt off the tens of thousands in mods from rotting away.

always think it's funny when you see these massive trucks in mint condition driving on the road. That is pretty much all you see nowadays. It's like why buy it in the first place if there is no functional need besides driving something huge on the road?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
When I younger, I rode my Harley from Jacksonville to Daytona for Bike Week, mainly on the beach. It was a ride I'll never forget, but even though I washed it when we arrived, 6 months later, the chrome on the lower legs were pitted beyond polishing. I had to have them stripped and plated. That salt is nasty.

It took 6 months to make the 2 hour drive from Jacksonville to Daytona and they salted the I95? For what, too much sun? I'm so confused.

Reread, you drove down the beach. Didn't even know that was a thing. Still, 6 months? I could have walked faster.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
6 months AFTER his trip to the beach.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
always think it's funny when you see these massive trucks in mint condition driving on the road. That is pretty much all you see nowadays. It's like why buy it in the first place if there is no functional need besides driving something huge on the road?

are you classifying me as of these people?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It took 6 months to make the 2 hour drive from Jacksonville to Daytona and they salted the I95? For what, too much sun? I'm so confused.

Reread, you drove down the beach. Didn't even know that was a thing. Still, 6 months? I could have walked faster.
It took 6 months for the ocean salt to pit his chrome on his Harley.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
What should they do with them?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
For the life of me, I'll never get that.
Never understand how driving something massive can be enjoyable.
I get owning it if you need the passenger and cargo capacities - this goes for suv's as well.
But if you don't? And so many don't seem to need or use them for their intended purposes... How can that be enjoyable to drive?
It's like being massively overweight vs being light and athletic.
One thing I have recently come to realize though, that I didn't know - is that giant pickups (crew cab luxo ones) have become a status symbol.
The present day big car, or McMansion.
The show off thing for people who think they are big shots.
I didn't really know that because I had the old aesthetic of who a pickup truck owner was. I thought pickup truck owners were just over buying.