GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No American has ever paid high gas prices anywhere, as we have a government that heavily subsidizes our car-based lifestyles. The price you see at the pump, and whine about, bears little relation to the actual cost of that gallon of gas to society, the difference of which comes out of someone else's ass. Have a little grace and just enjoy your perk.

Did we just become best friends?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I couldn't tell you how much I've paid for gas ever in my life unless I looked at my bank statements. I just put the thingy in, pull the handle, and then set the lock and look at my phone till it clicks done. I know, "yOu ArEn'T sUpPoSeD tO uSe YoUr PhOnE wHiLe PuMpInG gAs" but my car hasn't blown up yet in fourteen years of doing it.
If I blow up do I still have to pay for the gas?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
how do you say you're rich, without saying you're rich.......

ya'll are. 80/gal more expensive than VA
over a dollar more expensive than NE Ohio. It was 3.94 a gallon for 93 the other day

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In 1997, I got stationed in Italy and took my Corrado with me. The car came in on a Friday, so we weren't able to pick up the gas coupons that Americans stationed there receive to buy gas on the economy at a subsidized rate. In 1997, I paid $90 to fill up the Corrado in Naples Italy. I only did that once, and promptly went to the exchange and bought my monthly allowance of gas coupons, which allowed me to buy gas at just over a dollar a gallon.

Living in CT in 2002, bought a WRX and remember filling it up with 94 Oct for $14 a tank.

Americans don't have any idea how good they have it, even at $3+ gallon or even what determines the cost of gasoline. Ignorance is a virtue and celebrated. It's the fall of Rome all over again. The wealthy and political class are using populist nonsense to get Americans to support giving the wealthy more and more at their own expense. It ends poorly.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
In 1997, I got stationed in Italy and took my Corrado with me. The car came in on a Friday, so we weren't able to pick up the gas coupons that Americans stationed there receive to buy gas on the economy at a subsidized rate. In 1997, I paid $90 to fill up the Corrado in Naples Italy. I only did that once, and promptly went to the exchange and bought my monthly allowance of gas coupons, which allowed me to buy gas at just over a dollar a gallon.

Living in CT in 2002, bought a WRX and remember filling it up with 94 Oct for $14 a tank.

Americans have don't have any idea how good they have it, even at $3+ gallon or even what determines the cost of gasoline. Ignorance is a virtue and celebrated. It's the fall of Rome all over again. The wealthy and political class are using populist nonsense to get Americans to support giving the wealthy more and more at their own expense.

Everybody knows the president sets it at whatever he wants it to be. That's what the stickers at the gas pumps say at least. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Americans don't have any idea how good they have it, even at $3+ gallon or even what determines the cost of gasoline. Ignorance is a virtue and celebrated. It's the fall of Rome all over again. The wealthy and political class are using populist nonsense to get Americans to support giving the wealthy more and more at their own expense. It ends poorly.
Looks like whomever is oldest will win the lowest price gas war. I was selling gasoline at my gas station for 36 cents per gallon in 1970.

And don't forget the Mayo lube jobs. 😂

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Looks like whomever is oldest will win the lowest price gas war. I was selling gasoline at my gas station for 36 cents per gallon in 1970.

And don't forget the Mayo lube jobs. 😂
Got me beat, but I do remember filling my mk2 GTI, getting a pack of smokes, bag of Doritos and a Mountain Dew with a $10 bill and getting change.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Biden cutting domestic production is why those stickers exist. Anyone can over simplify things to make a point (even if it is completely incorrect).

We went from being self sufficient to 100% dependent on foreign oil, but wait, there’s more….now the oil reserves have been tapped into, but where are they going? Mostly China & Russia. “We did it Joe!”

Ah the good ol days, in 2021 where we all get sold out for politicians personally gain. So much to be thankful for.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Ah the good ol days, in 2021 where we all get sold out for politicians personally gain. So much to be thankful for.
Do you think that just started happening and that the people you vote for aren't guilty of that too? lol

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
No American has ever paid high gas prices anywhere, as we have a government that heavily subsidizes our car-based lifestyles. The price you see at the pump, and whine about, bears little relation to the actual cost of that gallon of gas to society, the difference of which comes out of someone else's ass. Have a little grace and just enjoy your perk.

Perk? Subsidizes? I didn't know collecting gasoline tax from drivers is called subsidizing.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Biden cutting domestic production is why those stickers exist. Anyone can over simplify things to make a point (even if it is completely incorrect).

We went from being self sufficient to 100% dependent on foreign oil, but wait, there’s more….now the oil reserves have been tapped into, but where are they going? Mostly China & Russia. “We did it Joe!”

It's called a perk, don't forget.