GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have the BL plate, and have had one small puff of smoke since, and I really overcooked a corner and took a terrible line when it happened.

I used to be able to elicit smoke in the same corner at FIRM lap after lap, can't anymore.

Some have seen no difference with BL. So it's kind of a crap shoot. I want the catch can to cover situations like when I over cooked a corner and when the BL plate starts to fail. I'm thinking I'll start to collect oil and know it's time for a new PCV.

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
I didn't notice any additional NVH, but I already have increased road noise from other stuff so I'm not sure what just the poly bushing would add

I noticed an immediate difference. I got used to it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Are you guys running the black or purple brushing?

I'm contemplating the eurospec upper with the offset lower on my DD, trying to maximize camber with minimal impact on comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: krs

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for the feedback.

Are you guys running the black or purple brushing?

I'm contemplating the eurospec upper with the offset lower on my DD, trying to maximize camber with minimal impact on comfort.
Purple. Is there a black option?

black

Last edited:

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Installed and aligned, but disappointed.

Only gained 0.1 - 0.2 up front.

I may have to slot the mounting holes or get a different shock/top mount to get more than -3 degrees.

I got an extra .5 with slotting and I'm going to try to get a little more.

On my setup, I'm going for -2.8.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Can you post a pic of the slots? I am thinking about doing it but want to make sure I slot in the correct direction/angle.

Next time I'm under there, sure, but you just slot straighr inward. Not sure what there is to see?

I used a cutting bit and rotors tool. Use some calipers to accurately slot each hole the same amount.

That's it. Super easy. If you're going to do it with the struts in the car, jack front end up, loosen all three top hat bolts until they're at the last few threads, then remove one, slot, put it back in, remove the next, slot, put back in, remove the third, slot put back in. Then retighten then all. Done. On to the other side. If you rough up the paint around the slotted hole, I find they don't slip under load.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wonder which is stiffer?

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I got an extra .5 with slotting and I'm going to try to get a little more.

On my setup, I'm going for -2.8.
How close is the strut mount to the inside of the body? I was going to slot to add a little more but my camber plate is about to leave the flat part of the body