GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
ABC was saying 16 service members killed 12 more wounded no word on the severity of the injuries.

Apparently the bomber was able to get within 5 meters of our soldiers before detonating the explosives.
With how crowded it is there I don't think there is any way they would have been able to spot the bomber unfortunately unless they had a neon sign over their head.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In a few months, Taliban will wish the US was still there. ISIS is like the Taliban on crack. Taliban and Al Qaeda are a bunch of hippies compared to ISIS.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
No society can last without a unified cultural identity.
Surely viewing oneself as a part of a whole, while at the same time honoring your ancestors and roots can coexist. Some of the greatest atrocities in our collective history are due in part to cultural erasure, or at the very least, an attempt at that.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

12 U.S. Service Members Are Among Those Killed In Explosions Outside Kabul's Airport​

Two explosions, one just outside the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul and another at the nearby Baron Hotel, caused several casualties Thursday. The attacks came less than a day after the U.S. Embassy warned U.S. citizens to get out of the area. Here's what we know so far:
  • Among those killed are 11 U.S. Marines and one Navy corpsman, the Pentagon confirms.
  • At least 60 people are wounded, according to Emergency, a trauma center in Kabul.
  • Although it is not known who was responsible, a top U.S. general said the threat from the Islamic State group in Afghanistan is "very real."
https://www.npr.org/2021/08/26/1031244804/kabul-airport-explosion-afghanistan
1630007898344.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Are you not aware that Trump was the first and only president to initiate negotiations with the taliban? Trump made the treaty. It happened during and only during his term.

You can't seriously be this misinformed...

And yes Biden continued to negotiate with the taliban but that is a LOT fucking different than choosing to negotiate with them directly in the first place.

View attachment 223751
Yes Trump negotiated the treaty. It has nothing to do with the Taliban taking over so fast.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Only the invisible man is blocked for me, mostly because he's constantly rambling incoherently
I haven't blocked him yet, but it's always on the table. He's a narcissistic hypocrite with an overzealous self-image, and has a superiority complex the size of Texas.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Yes Trump negotiated the treaty. It has nothing to do with the Taliban taking over so fast.
JIM, IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HOW FAST THEY TOOK OVER. HE ANNOUNCED A WITHDRAWL DATE PUBLICLY AND RELEASED FIVE THOUSAND TALIBAN FIGHTERS. SOME OF THOSE RELEASED COMMANDED THE FORCES WHO TOOK OVER AFGHANISTAN SO FAST.

Holy shit your cognitive dissonance is off the charts.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So they can't even get an accurate count of how many people are left in the country, but you think they would be able personally notify every person? You really think that the majority of Americans in Afghanistan don't watch any sort of news and didn't know what was happening?

Talking about Kabul. I"m saying its much harder for people who want to do harm to the US to get here than it would be for them to get to Russia or Israel.
Immigration. As I was making my way uptown to find a working subway station to get home to Brooklyn on 9/11, i saw Muslims cheering and dancing in the street. Not much harder at all.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Immigration. As I was making my way uptown to find a working subway station to get home to Brooklyn on 9/11, i saw Muslims cheering and dancing in the street. Not much harder at all.
And you walked up to them and asked them where they immigrated from right? That story also proves nothing about how easy it is to immigrate into the country. Also I wasn't talking about immigrating into a country, i'm saying it's physically easier to get to countries that share a land mass vs having to cross an entire ocean to get to the US.