GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I also wasted about that much on the same thing because I was in a hurry to start fucking around and it wasn't until after I learned about accessport.

I have x-threaded and had to either helicoil or otherwise fix the following holes: rear trailing arm, exhaust hanger, ignition coil hold down.

I had a rev 9 exhaust tip disappear on the drive to work which is 90% freeway speeds - eek.

Anow I own a bike that can do 10 second 1/4 miles. The car seems slow and I feel like I should have never modded it and just always bought a bike for the occasional speed fix.

I had a cross threaded bolt on a FSB bushing in the taco yesterday. Fought with it for 20min trying to correct the issue. Then I grabbed a a 1/2” drive ratchet and cranked that fucker home.

In my Mk1, I dumped a 2-3 shift and heard a bang. Watched my motor-mount bouncing down the road behind me. 🤣

Jak44

I frequent dirt roads with nothing but stock paint. Hoping the paint job doesn't get wrecked, but it's tough keeping up

gbar

Ready to race!
Trigger warning: some of you may want to look away for these pics...

I have a raceseng knob that has been misaligned since I installed it in 2020
IMG_3699.jpg

I lost my rear tow hook cover and used my front cover instead
IMG_3705.jpg

And worst of all, the winter damage to my front bumper. I keep telling myself I can live with it until I buy a golf R front bumper, but the day never comes 😢
IMG_3706.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
oh god here we go…

1. been stage 1 on stock clutch and stock intercooler for 6 months now

2. worn af brake rotors

3. Have a bunch of screws lying around that I forgot to install when I did the OSRAM headlights

4. Broke the right corner tab on the bumper 2 years ago haven’t fixed

5. apr fanboy and I catch myself eyeing WRX’s and the new GR86 (the worst by far)
... I like the new 86 too .__.

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
I use it at 50%

It's hard to shift properly if I can't hear the engine.
I agree this is a thing, and I'm convinced my shifting became smoother with an exhaust, because the noise corresponds to the engine better than the Soundaktor does. Like there's latency or something.