GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
Still waiting on Vroom…

called the Detroit Hub where my car is supposed to be and got voicemail 2 times and left a message both times…🦗🦗🦗

The sales guy said it’s should come early, however the last sales person who spoke broken English told me the 16th it should be delivered. That would put the timeline over 30days from my deposit and start of contracts…

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Still waiting on Vroom…

called the Detroit Hub where my car is supposed to be and got voicemail 2 times and left a message both times…🦗🦗🦗

The sales guy said it’s should come early, however the last sales person who spoke broken English told me the 16th it should be delivered. That would put the timeline over 30days from my deposit and start of contracts…

I've heard nothing but stories like this from Vroom, and the exact opposite about Carvana.

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
Well out of the blue, Vroom Contacted me saying 16-19th it would arrive at the Detroit Hub.

After a short email miraculously my car is already at the Detroit Hub ready to ship out tomorrow!

So as long as something crazy doesn’t happen (which I’ve heard Vroom has missed Delivery dates changed them etc.) I will get my car within the second round of contracts 14 day delivery estimate!

It still feels like a dream so I will post pics in the what did I do to my GTI thread upon arrival.

Cheers

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
How much does owning a car for a short period impact its resale value? I bought a GTI from Carvana back in April and its been nothing but a headache. Their post-sales support and warranty is a joke. I just want to get rid of it at this point but the offers have been terrible.

It's a 2015 GTI SE with PP, lighting package, DCC, driver assistance, manual 2 door. I believe it has all options except nav. 69k miles.
I'm getting offers of $13k.

I'm assuming that's because it's a recent purchase. How long do I need to keep this thing before I can get something decent out of it?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
How much does owning a car for a short period impact its resale value? I bought a GTI from Carvana back in April and its been nothing but a headache. Their post-sales support and warranty is a joke. I just want to get rid of it at this point but the offers have been terrible.

It's a 2015 GTI SE with PP, lighting package, DCC, driver assistance, manual 2 door. I believe it has all options except nav. 69k miles.

I'm assuming that's because it's a recent purchase. How long do I need to keep this thing before I can get something decent out of it?
Check with other sources. It's only going to continue to go down in value. Holding onto it will get you less money. It's not like it's a collectable. What does Kelly Blue Book say the value is? Or sell it privately. You always get more money with a private sale.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

That does seem a little low, for this current market.
What'd you pay for it, out of curiosity?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I've never heard of selling a car quickly lowering it's value, especially when looking at selling/trading in to a dealer. A private party might be skeptical about "Why is this guy selling it so quickly", but I've never heard of a dealer caring.

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I am pretty fickle and have turned around and re-sold cars after a few months. It may have to do with total number of owners? Does it have both keys, clean title, no accidents, no damage, no CELs, anything like that?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've never heard of selling a car quickly lowering it's value, especially when looking at selling/trading in to a dealer. A private party might be skeptical about "Why is this guy selling it so quickly", but I've never heard of a dealer caring.
Selling a brand new car quickly is when the price takes a hit because just titling it once lowers the value.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Selling a brand new car quickly is when the price takes a hit because just titling it once lowers the value.

Yeah. But that's a completely different scenario.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Check with other sources. It's only going to continue to go down in value. Holding onto it will get you less money. It's not like it's a collectable. What does Kelly Blue Book say the value is? Or sell it privately. You always get more money with a private sale.

I have a $12,900 offer from Carvana, $13,500 offer from Vroom, which seems way out of line compared to what other people are getting. I tried talking to Carvana to see if they would offer me a better value after the hell they put me through, but they won't budge. Private sale would be tough because I have a loan on it.

I'm just grasping at straws trying to figure out why my offers are so low. It's probably not a thing.

That does seem a little low, for this current market.
What'd you pay for it, out of curiosity?

I paid $17,900 for it. But, I'm seeing same year/packages with more mileage going for $20k right now.

I am pretty fickle and have turned around and re-sold cars after a few months. It may have to do with total number of owners? Does it have both keys, clean title, no accidents, no damage, no CELs, anything like that?

I'm third owner. Second owner bought it CPO in 2019. Regular maintenance records on CarFax. Clean title, no CELs, it did have minor cosmetic damage which is now fully repaired. The car looks brand new inside and out. Aside from minor road rash on bottom of front bumper. These appraisals are all from online dealers so far and they don't examine the car first. I'll probably try local dealers next week.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
3rd owner on car that has changed hands relatively quickly each time.

It could be that the valuation algorithm doesn't favor that pattern. It could also be this is an indicator of the market softening a bit.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't think that has anything to do with it to be honest. I put the options into Carvana based on what was provided, and it spat out a $12.3k trade in. Since it wasn't done by plate\VIN, it had no way to know it was recently purchased.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
And it's a 3 dr SE with PP, LP. That's pretty unique