GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
What iformation sources do you trust?

The facts are very clear and depend a bit on how vaccinated the population is and the type of vaccine.

The UK has a higher rate of vaccinated people getting ill - but many have only one jab and the majority of people were vaccinated with Astra Zeneca.

In the US, well over 95% of the new cases are amongst those who are not vaccinated. The majority of the remaining 5% are those with some sort of significant pre-existing condition and over 50 years old.

Virtually no vaccinated person under 50 who gets sick ends up in hospital - at worst, they have severe flu symptoms for less than a week - that certainly beats being on a ventilator and ending up six feet under.

Please do your own research on places other than this forum. You can research sites in the UK, Germany, Austria and the US. I'll be happy to provide links if you like.

There are very few valid reports of significan adverse effects of getting vaccinated. Females under 50 may want to get Pfizer or Moderna although the adverse effects of the J&J aren't much higher than in the general population.

I've got no dog in this fight, but there are no downsides of getting vaccinated unless your doctor advises against it for you.

I don't really have a preferred source. As long as it's based on verifiable data, that's all that matters to me. A study out of England has the delta fatality rate at .08% among unvaccinated. So unless that number is wrong, this variant is less lethal. I fully expect the majority of cases to be among unvaccinated, that doesn't really have any bearing on the severity of the disease though, which is the only thing I'm questioning. Based on my research, I'm not seeing what the new fear is all about. But, I'm open minded and want to make sure there's not something I'm missing.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
You have to be a fuckin rube to think that heart attacks can be caused by a vaccine. There's actual physical evidence of what causes a heart attack, and it doesn't happen over the course of a week or even month.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Total whack-a-doodles but, like zricky, they have a following and spew enough crap that sometimes sounds plausible (until you check to see that the atributed quotes or data aren't there.

The danger - and we see this here - is that it causes doubt for people like Unreal1 who undoubtedly thinks "there has to be something to this" - not realizing that everything coming from these guys is absolute and total shit - and now very dangerous.

And yes, I'm livid because this has gone far beyond a joke at this point.
Those people are just attention whores. They will say anything just to get attention and nothing gets attention more than fear mongering and conspiracy theories. I think some folks actually like as if it's their favorite category on Netflix. I just wish they'd realize it's a show and you can turn it off whenever you desire.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Lincoln died of the COVID vaccine that was on the bullet. The bullet didn't kill him - the vaccine did.

It wasn't reported so there is no conclusive proof.

If there were any suspected connection, then that would have been added to tug on heartstrings and wallets.

There are no verified reports of heart attacks following a vaccination that was even remotely connected.
Regardless of the sensationalized example you gave the point is nothing can be proven as a cause for the reason someone passed away when there is too much information left out of all these reports. I don't think there is any mainstream medical institution that is going to come out and say that the vaccine caused any medical problem.

And remember I'm pro vaccine.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Those people are just attention whores. They will say anything just to get attention and nothing gets attention more than fear mongering and conspiracy theories. I think some folks actually like as if it's their favorite category on Netflix. I just wish they'd realize it's a show and you can turn it off whenever you desire.
Just like the host of this thread. Do you think he says all that shit which pisses y'all off because he believes it? He's a chain yanker who finds out what flips your switch and then he flips it like it's going out of style. That's why the thread is perpetual... he wants it to be.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Remember when zrick posted a chart that minimized the death rate from covid by a factor of 100?

Those are the quality of all his "facts"

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Regardless of the sensationalized example you gave the point is nothing can be proven as a cause for the reason someone passed away when there is too much information left out of all these reports. I don't think there is any mainstream medical institution that is going to come out and say that the vaccine caused any medical problem.

And remember I'm pro vaccine.
Well the could not come out and say that because it actually doesn't cause any medical problems but I think they've given some warnings already. Plus you can't ignore the fact that they are posting J&J's poor efficiency numbers and if the only goal was to remain above accusation they probably wouldn't do that.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just like the host of this thread. Do you think he says all that shit which pisses y'all off because he believes it? He's a chain yanker who finds out what flips your switch and then he flips it like it's going out of style. That's why the thread is perpetual... he wants it to be.
You're right about keeping the thread perpetual but I do believe Zrick believes what he posts for the most part.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well the could not come out and say that because it actually doesn't cause any medical problems but I think they've given some warnings already. Plus you can't ignore the fact that they are posting J&J's poor efficiency numbers and if the only goal was to remain above accusation they probably wouldn't do that.
The J&J vaccine wasn't the mRNA type and even J&J said effectiveness was only 66% after their testing.

cb1111

I don't really have a preferred source. As long as it's based on verifiable data, that's all that matters to me. A study out of England has the delta fatality rate at .08% among unvaccinated. So unless that number is wrong, this variant is less lethal. I fully expect the majority of cases to be among unvaccinated, that doesn't really have any bearing on the severity of the disease though, which is the only thing I'm questioning. Based on my research, I'm not seeing what the new fear is all about. But, I'm open minded and want to make sure there's not something I'm missing.
Unfortunately, those stats aren't accurate and, even if they were close, speak only to fatalities

There is no evidence that the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2 has a lower fatality rate than the wild-type virus - Health Feedback

and not to illnesses. From the same article:

The existing data don’t allow us to conclude that the Delta variant has a lower CFR than the wild-type virus. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, explained in a PolitiFact fact-check that “All variants are going to have a lower case fatality rate, because a significant portion of the population, especially those at high risk for death, are fully or partially vaccinated”.

However, an increase in hospitalizations due to the Delta variant has been reported in the U.K., while in Scotland, the risk of hospitalization for the Delta variant was found to be twice as high as for the Alpha variant, which was the predominant variant in the U.K. previously[3], suggesting that the Delta variant could be more likely to cause serious illness.

The claim that the CFR of the Delta variant is 0.08% is misleading, as this value varies greatly depending on the age of the population and its vaccination status. To put this in context, according to the latest Public Health England report, the CFR for the Delta variant is 1.9% for people over 50 years old. The video published by Dan Bongino didn’t explain this, leaving viewers with the false impression that the Delta variant is less deadly than the wild-type virus.

What is obvious is that vaccination is your best route from preventing severe illness and death.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
The J&J vaccine wasn't the mRNA type and even J&J said effectiveness was only 66% after their testing.
My point was that I think medical institutions would come out and say there were medical problems with the vaccine. That issue with the clots was public and... like I said, they post less than flattering information about vaccines so why wouldn't they keep sharing?

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
In that case he is one very sick guy.
If he does then it's even worse in this thread. That means it's not him.. it's y'all. Beating your head against a wall that you know won't crack day in and day out for 3121 pages... and you still aren't bored. Hey... some folks like watching the cars rust... to each his own.

(He doesn't mean it. You can tell from the title changes. He's a clown/comedian. Look at me!)