GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Were you measuring IAT via a logging mechanism (at the manifold) or a probe before the turbo (your meat thermometer comment)?

I ask because I think you're misunderstanding his comments if you are only looking at temperature right after the filter. His point I think is that 10 or 15 degrees at the intake filter doesn't mean much once the turbo has heated it to 200+ degrees and the intercooler brings it back down to almost ambient.
i had it taped to the filter while logging temps at the manifold post intercooler using obd11 and my shitty samsung tablet

i agree with that, makes less of a difference in the winter, or upgraded intercooler too.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
🤣 wtf? that was literally the only thing i said. chill out big guy
u right. i'm sorry. shouldnt have said it like that. not using it as an excuse, just trying to explain; the intercooler debate here is so fucking stupid. every other community knows that bigger and further from the radiator is always better. except this one. my bad. shut up, but dont shut the fuck up, plz

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
u right. i'm sorry. shouldnt have said it like that. not using it as an excuse, just trying to explain; the intercooler debate here is so fucking stupid. every other community knows that bigger and further from the radiator is always better. except this one. my bad. shut up, but dont shut the fuck up, plz
im not even involved in your intercooler arguments. if anyone here needs to post less it's the guy who has more posts than miles on his car

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch