GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Got reverse rake audit TT pads, Eibach Sportline springs, Aerofabb lower front chin spoiler, and Maxton rear spoiler.

Kinda contemplating the springs now though and might sell off to go with a different option. If you're local to me in Jersey (Northern - Morris County area). I'll sell you for exact I paid. Shipping was free so you save on shipping time. BOOM.

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
BNIB Superpro Full Engine, Transmission, and lower dogbone Mounts.

Got me a unicorn!!! Best part is several people hit the guy up before I did, and he even had a sale pending. But I didn’t lowball him, and I straight up sent him my PayPal address saying to charge me if the other sale fell through. He took me up on that offer in a matter of minutes, as the other guy had bojangled for about a day.

Super excited to see how sublime these feel on a 6MT car, especially going from stock uppers with APR lower insert.

Congrats dude, although I'm already bummed about selling them. Damn I wish I wasn't selling the GTI. Minivan life calls, though. Damn kids.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Congrats dude, although I'm already bummed about selling them. Damn I wish I wasn't selling the GTI. Minivan life calls, though. Damn kids.
Is a minivan truly your only option? Another guy around here got a 392 Durango R/T in black on black that seats 7.

the day I have to give up a sporty hatch/wagon/sedan, it will be for an SUV that’s worth it. Like a Gen 3 Touareg 3.0T... I mean, I’d get an Atlas if they came with a 3.0T.

But a minivan? I struggle to see a world where that’s your only option, given how many SUVs there are are different price points.

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
Is a minivan truly your only option? Another guy around here got a 392 Durango R/T in black on black that seats 7.

the day I have to give up a sporty hatch/wagon/sedan, it will be for an SUV that’s worth it. Like a Gen 3 Touareg 3.0T... I mean, I’d get an Atlas if they came with a 3.0T.

But a minivan? I struggle to see a world where that’s your only option, given how many SUVs there are are different price points.
The problem with any “fun” SUV is that it’ll be expensive, and still actually boring. The plan is to buy a $20k or less Odyssey, then hopefully in the spring get a dedicated sports car.

Plus, my wife already has an Atlas, but with 3 kids and two dogs honestly it’s pretty cramped.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Euro spec rear headrests. Haven’t driven with them yet but the view out the rear view sitting in the parking lot is much nicer. Oh and the added benefit of not needing to move the front seats to lay down the rear, that’s really the best part so far 😂

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Mini vans may look dorky, but they have more interior space, better gas mileage, and often better handling then most SUV's while also being cheaper.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The problem with any “fun” SUV is that it’ll be expensive, and still actually boring. The plan is to buy a $20k or less Odyssey, then hopefully in the spring get a dedicated sports car.

Plus, my wife already has an Atlas, but with 3 kids and two dogs honestly it’s pretty cramped.
You are cramped with three kids and two dogs in the Atlas? I have three kids and one dog with plenty of room. I do have a loaded Aviator scheduled to be built first week of September to replace the Atlas in all fairness.

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
You are cramped with three kids and two dogs in the Atlas? I have three kids and one dog with plenty of room. I do have a loaded Aviator scheduled to be built first week of September to replace the Atlas in all fairness.

Definitely, although having the bench in the middle row makes it mostly workable. We bought the Atlas after we found out my wife was pregnant the second time but before we knew it was twins. The 3 kids (15mo old twins and a just-turned-3 year old) take up the second row, the dogs get the 3rd row, then we have to fit everything we need behind that 3rd row and in front of the second row seats. The thing is loaded basically to the roof even for just a weekend trip. A roof box would help, but a minivan would be way easier.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Definitely, although having the bench in the middle row makes it mostly workable. We bought the Atlas after we found out my wife was pregnant the second time but before we knew it was twins. The 3 kids (15mo old twins and a just-turned-3 year old) take up the second row, the dogs get the 3rd row, then we have to fit everything we need behind that 3rd row and in front of the second row seats. The thing is loaded basically to the roof even for just a weekend trip. A roof box would help, but a minivan would be way easier.
Damn.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Bumper trim that supports the fog light.
20210702_153820.jpg

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just got my version 2 Tux Mats (driver/passenger) free of charge as a warranty replacement. The new version is definetly much improved and I like how it uses the stock retaining hardware to keep the mat in place. Here's a pic comparing it to the V1.

20210702_162026.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got a $75 Amazon gift card from work, so got a few things.

A cheap foam gun that connects to the hose for when I don't want to lug out my pressure washer, along with some quick connect valves for the house to quickly change attachments. An 8-pack of Chemical Guys microfiber applicators as I liked the ones that had come with the hybrid ceramic wax I bought, and a bottle of Clean Slate to try and give that hybrid ceramic wax a second shot. Along with a Lexol leather cleaner\conditioner kit to really clean my interior well.

1625268086442.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Got a $75 Amazon gift card from work, so got a few things.

A cheap foam gun that connects to the hose for when I don't want to lug out my pressure washer, along with some quick connect valves for the house to quickly change attachments. An 8-pack of Chemical Guys microfiber applicators as I liked the ones that had come with the hybrid ceramic wax I bought, and a bottle of Clean Slate to try and give that hybrid ceramic wax a second shot. Along with a Lexol leather cleaner\conditioner kit to really clean my interior well.

View attachment 218431
The applicators and clean slate I’ve used myself. They’re both solid

with the clean slate. Let it sit on the car 2-3 minutes then give it a rinse. Reapply from your cannon and give it a contact wash. It will chomp right through any winter grime

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
New contacts for adding a circuit to my dashboard fuse box. It will power my trailer lighting harness.