GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ceramic Pro

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
but when the fuck did i say a coating was not better?!? wtf is up with your selective reading comprehension man. i will spell this out for you.

coatings, real ceramic coatings are superior to carnuba in every single possible metric except gloss. FFS
Lol... Again, you're a fucking clown and as usual, overlooking things. Bye Felicia...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Lol... Again, you're a fucking clown and as usual, overlooking things. Bye Felicia...
One day. You will realize the truth. But I hope your delusions are lifted gently. Just make sure u sit down when u find out. I think the shock will drop you to the floor

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Wow, real world problems. Some of the best coating I've ever used was Rain-X wax. Not today's product, like 7 years ago. It was about $5.99, went on while wet or dry, sun or no sun. First coat lasted two years. I know this because when I moved to a place where I got some rail dust and tree sap from hell, it was better than the other car. Not sold anymore. Now I have Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray coating. Haven't used yet, because I have to get the crap off the finish first. I've never had such an issue with sap and whatever. I waited too long, and now it's a huge chore.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Wow, real world problems. Some of the best coating I've ever used was Rain-X wax. Not today's product, like 7 years ago. It was about $5.99, went on while wet or dry, sun or no sun. First coat lasted two years. I know this because when I moved to a place where I got some rail dust and tree sap from hell, it was better than the other car. Not sold anymore. Now I have Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray coating. Haven't used yet, because I have to get the crap off the finish first. I've never had such an issue with sap and whatever. I waited too long, and now it's a huge chore.
Man sap can be a pain to remove sometimes.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Man sap can be a pain to remove sometimes.
Hard to see on the red car too. We get some brake and rail dust as well. When I ran my hand over the roof I knew I was in for a workout. Need some good weather to do this, or pay a young guy that does it well. Using a clay bar was one of my worst experiences, especially when so much area has to be covered.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
While I'm pretty vocal about not being a huge fan of Chemical Guys stuff, I did decide to order their "budget" ceramic stuff. While normally $40 a bottle, they have a package for Prime day of a bottle and a few applicators for $28. And if you've ordered anything off Amazon recently, you should have a $10 "Prime Day Credit" on your account. So for $18, figured I'd try it out.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
While I'm pretty vocal about not being a huge fan of Chemical Guys stuff, I did decide to order their "budget" ceramic stuff. While normally $40 a bottle, they have a package for Prime day of a bottle and a few applicators for $28. And if you've ordered anything off Amazon recently, you should have a $10 "Prime Day Credit" on your account. So for $18, figured I'd try it out.
Out of their 7 million products. I only fuck with a handful of their items. I like their hydro suds soap, adds a nice maintenance topper before using the tw hybrid ceramic soap.

I can recommend their vrp for the tires if u like a satin shine. Doesn’t sling either

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Out of their 7 million products. I only fuck with a handful of their items. I like their hydro suds soap, adds a nice maintenance topper before using the tw hybrid ceramic soap.

I can recommend their vrp for the tires if u like a satin shine. Doesn’t sling either

The products aren't bad. I just think they're overpriced for what they are and over marketed. But for a bit over 50% off, that solves the overpriced problem.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The products aren't bad. I just think they're overpriced for what they are and over marketed. But for a bit over 50% off, that solves the overpriced problem.
Some are shit compared to their competitors options. Some are solid as hell.

it’s like this with mother’s, tw, meg etc. this sensation is more pronounced with cg because they make a fuck ton of different stuff. But as a brand I think it’s good. You just gotta find the stuff u like and don’t.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Life's too short to test out a CG product. What does one make out of a company that has so many washes? LOL

If you're not going to do a tedious paint correction or claying, get an all in one that is safer, do a spray on ceramic and call it a day. If you try and use on of the pro products, read the label first, some require wet sanding to remove. I was shocked that Turtle Was Ceramic was so good, and very easy to use. I'm also miffed that some claim you should do your windows as well, what a friggin mess.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Life's too short to test out a CG product. What does one make out of a company that has so many washes? LOL

If you're not going to do a tedious paint correction or claying, get an all in one that is safer, do a spray on ceramic and call it a day. If you try and use on of the pro products, read the label first, some require wet sanding to remove. I was shocked that Turtle Was Ceramic was so good, and very easy to use. I'm also miffed that some claim you should do your windows as well, what a friggin mess.
I have done windows a ton of times with the tw ceramic. No issues.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I have done windows a ton of times with the tw ceramic. No issues.
Glass just has to be perfectly smooth with absolutely zero markings or chips, which is tough.

I've found if your glass and application aren't perfect, you end up with streaky, "grippy", or patchy glass after a few weeks and you end up changing windshield wipers very frequently. I wouldn't recommend first time efforts go to glass... Just do the bumper without overlaying and getting it everywhere, lol 😂

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Glass just has to be perfectly smooth with absolutely zero markings or chips, which is tough.

I've found if your glass and application aren't perfect, you end up with streaky, "grippy", or patchy glass after a few weeks and you end up changing windshield wipers very frequently. I wouldn't recommend first time efforts go to glass... Just do the bumper without overlaying and getting it everywhere, lol 😂
I don’t even do all of that. Just give the glass a contact wash. Dry it. Hit it with glass cleaner. Blow the lint off with my leaf blower. Spray the hybrid ceramic on the applicator. Rub it on glass. Wipe and buff

I do do it in a cool garage, it’s typically 10-15f under ambient due to shade. I don’t do the front glass. Just the side and rear. The front glass is a lost cause. It loses hydrophobic behavior in a week or two