GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

cb1111

Ive already confirmed with the dealer they have allocation for 2021 - we have an appt Saturday for me to get everything squared away. Was just wondering if anything under MSRP was reasonable. I been lurking this thread and seeing people get solid deals just a month and a half ago
The car market is nuts these days. Have you looked at the VW partners list to see if your employer has some sort of relationship with them? My company was the distributor for one of the partners and that worked.

Here is an older list but it changes frequently as companies (or organizations) drop off. SCCA used to be a partner - it isn't anymore. Here is the link to request your partner certificate.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
My local VW dealer stated that they don't know if they can custom order a car until they actually try and place the order for it in their system. It's when the dealer tries to place the order that they know for sure that VW will manufacture it. I will be interested if they can actually order you a car - I am skeptical.

No new 2021 GTI's have been arriving on dealer lots since ~February. The VW Puebla plant has been busy making the new Taos and very soon the redesigned Tiguan. And even Taos production has been halted at least once due to the chip shortage.

With only ~450 new 2021 GTI's left in the US, and only ~3 in Cornflower Blue, MSRP may be the best you can get, before any military/first responder/partner discount. I wouldn't delay if you really want the CFB. Check out cargurus.com and cars.com to find inventory. Sometimes they show a picture of the Dark Iron Blue instead of the Cornflower Blue, so you have to click on the link to verify.

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
The car market is nuts these days. Have you looked at the VW partners list to see if your employer has some sort of relationship with them? My company was the distributor for one of the partners and that worked.

Here is an older list but it changes frequently as companies (or organizations) drop off. SCCA used to be a partner - it isn't anymore. Here is the link to request your partner certificate.
Solid resource! But i work for a small startup consulting firm so i doubt they on this list

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
My local VW dealer stated that they don't know if they can custom order a car until they actually try and place the order for it in their system. It's when the dealer tries to place the order that they know for sure that VW will manufacture it. I will be interested if they can actually order you a car - I am skeptical.

No new 2021 GTI's have been arriving on dealer lots since ~February. The VW Puebla plant has been busy making the new Taos and very soon the redesigned Tiguan. And even Taos production has been halted at least once due to the chip shortage.

With only ~450 new 2021 GTI's left in the US, and only ~3 in Cornflower Blue, MSRP may be the best you can get, before any military/first responder/partner discount. I wouldn't delay if you really want the CFB. Check out cargurus.com and cars.com to find inventory. Sometimes they show a picture of the Dark Iron Blue instead of the Cornflower Blue, so you have to click on the link to verify.
Yea i spent the last week scouring and didn't see cfb 2021 se. Hopefully he can put the order in Saturday he did say he had the allocation for a 2021 when i asked. Another dealer i spoke with could only order mk8's

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea i spent the last week scouring and didn't see cfb 2021 se. Hopefully he can put the order in Saturday he did say he had the allocation for a 2021 when i asked. Another dealer i spoke with could only order mk8's
I think they just want to get you in the door, pretty sure the Puebla plant is done making GTIs. Why don’t you just wait? You are not driving anywhere soon. If you are paying msrp plus, get the newer 8, or wait and let the used car price bubble pop and get a nicer car. But now is definitely not the time to buy a car, you are going in at the peak of the market.

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
I think they just want to get you in the door, pretty sure the Puebla plant is done making GTIs. Why don’t you just wait? You are not driving anywhere soon. If you are paying msrp plus, get the newer 8, or wait and let the used car price bubble pop and get a nicer car. But now is definitely not the time to buy a car, you are going in at the peak of the market.
Def dont want the mk8. I'll wait if i cant get what i want Saturday

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck, but do some relaxation exercises before you go.

Please keep us posted either way.
I learned a while back never to go in person to a dealer without having a deal worked out/agreed upon beforehand. Now more than ever, but hey the urge when shopping for a new car is strong with many.

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
I learned a while back never to go in person to a dealer without having a deal worked out/agreed upon beforehand. Now more than ever, but hey the urge when shopping for a new car is strong with many.
I can't drive right now so it only makes sense for me to do a order. It would be physically impossible for us to drive off with 2 cars lol. I texted the sales guy to double check cause id be pissed to wake up on a Saturday for them to try to sale me a lot car - i'll let yall know what happens

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I can't drive right now so it only makes sense for me to do a order. It would be physically impossible for us to drive off with 2 cars lol. I texted the sales guy to double check cause id be pissed to wake up on a Saturday for them to try to sale me a lot car - i'll let yall know what happens
If you find a car that has all that you want, why not get a lot car??

cb1111

If i find the perfect one maybe, but i can't drive for at least 2 months - makes no sense not to wait if i cant get exactly what I want, the white is my backup color but the cfb is the dream
Given the current market, I suspect that you won't find many (any?) new 2021s in a few months and certainly no CFB ones. There is also a possibility that some dealers will try to mark them up as supply dwindles.