GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
Not a good time to buy a car. If I'm paying MSRP rather just order a R when dealer allocations open up.
Agreed.
Or if you have 20k cash on hand, wait until used car bubble bursts and go hunting for a nice deal on a low mile recent model GTI/R if you really want a 7.5.

You have to be flexible in these times. I also didn’t want an 8, but reality is that the current market has shifted options and need to change plans (due to limited availability of mk7s earlier than anticipated) so mk8 is looking as a better deal. You might even have the option for nicer colors than CFB, you don’t know. But for sure over msrp on a 2021 just before new model comes out is not the best scenario.

Last edited:

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
If i find the perfect one maybe, but i can't drive for at least 2 months - makes no sense not to wait if i cant get exactly what I want, the white is my backup color but the cfb is the dream
I hope you can, but my gut tells me what is out there is what is left. You will have to go Mark VIII or Pre Owned is the likely scenario.

cb1111

Agreed.
Or if you have 20k cash on hand, wait until used car bubble bursts and go hunting for a nice deal on a low mile recent model GTI/R if you really want a 7.5.

You have to be flexible in these times. I also didn’t want an 8, but reality is that the current market has shifted options and need to change plans (due to limited availability of mk7s earlier than anticipated) so mk8 is looking as a better deal. You might even have the option for nicer colors than CFB, you don’t know. But for sure over msrp on a 2021 just before new model comes out is not the best scenario.
But the unfortunate reality. Over MSRP is unlikely, but no huge discounts.

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
Carvana picks up my CTR today and now the wait begins for my Golf R. I already put down my deposit.
Audi released pricing for the S3 earlier this week... I think.. or last week. Hoping we can see some Golf R pricing released soon. Definitely by November we should see some R's touchdown here in the states.

MeatHammer

Car(s)
16 S3 & 17 Golf R
Audi released pricing for the S3 earlier this week... I think.. or last week. Hoping we can see some Golf R pricing released soon. Definitely by November we should see some R's touchdown here in the states.
I'm not too worried. I expect with Lapiz Blue and DSG to run me about $45k. I'm making a decent amount selling my Civic, that I'm still going to come out way ahead.

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not too worried. I expect with Lapiz Blue and DSG to run me about $45k. I'm making a decent amount selling my Civic, that I'm still going to come out way ahead.
With the way the market is right now, definitely not surprised. There's only going to be 2 trims available, only difference being DSG, Manual so yeah 45K sounds about right for the R. Can't imagine it being much more, at that point is creeping into S3 territory.

MeatHammer

Car(s)
16 S3 & 17 Golf R
With the way the market is right now, definitely not surprised. There's only going to be 2 trims available, only difference being DSG, Manual so yeah 45K sounds about right for the R. Can't imagine it being much more, at that point is creeping into S3 territory.
Yeah, I think the base S3 is just under $46k so if I option myself into a $48k corner or something I'll definitely be giving the S3 a closer look.

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
We'll find out Saturday!
Welp Yall were right sadly, apparently the sales guy hadn't confirmed for sure and when he did, it was sad. The only reason for me wanting a 2021 was because CFB was an option w/ SE trim so my final answer was a 2020 SE in Dark Iron Blue w/ 1100 mi for 33K out the door.

I pick it up Saturday! Thanks for the help, its def a rough time to buy a car but its a damn near a requirement in Texas. I'll catch yall in these forum streets as I will mos def be getting some aftermarket audio and wheels and CONSIDERING coilovers

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
Welp Yall were right sadly, apparently the sales guy hadn't confirmed for sure and when he did, it was sad. The only reason for me wanting a 2021 was because CFB was an option w/ SE trim so my final answer was a 2020 SE in Dark Iron Blue w/ 1100 mi for 33K out the door.

I pick it up Saturday! Thanks for the help, its def a rough time to buy a car but its a damn near a requirement in Texas. I'll catch yall in these forum streets as I will mos def be getting some aftermarket audio and wheels and CONSIDERING coilovers
Congratulations on your new ride, DIB is really a cool color.
33k otd is about right (asking) in the current market with those low miles.

cb1111

Good choice - but - the salesman knew exactly what he was doing and it worked. They suckered you in with a promise for something they knew they couldn't deliver, then sold you something they had.

In this case it didn't really matter because you got what you wanted in a great color, but don't buy their BS about "I'm sorry, I made a mistake"