GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Safe to assume the wheels are still on a boat in the Pacific? Do the tires get mounted when you receive them or was that done at the factory and all you do is ship them to us?

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
Safe to assume the wheels are still on a boat in the Pacific? Do the tires get mounted when you receive them or was that done at the factory and all you do is ship them to us?
Yeah whats the word fellas? I understand you're trying to get the forged wheels of the ground but, let's not forget people are anxiously awaiting the ones they bought! I'm getting emails about that "my tires are waiting for pickup"

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah whats the word fellas? I understand you're trying to get the forged wheels of the ground but, let's not forget people are anxiously awaiting the ones they bought! I'm getting emails about that "my tires are waiting for pickup"

I don't speak for Geirsen (just what I'm experiencing at work), but you guys do know what is happening outside of your bubble right? Transit dates for containers from Asia to North America has hit about 65 days, numerous delay just getting the container booking, let alone delays at various ports. A state of normalcy won't be reached until end of this year, maybe Q1/CNY of next. It is what it is - that is unless you are willing to pay for air freight out of China, and even then that is in super high demand.

Here's a good read:

https://www.joc.com/maritime-news/c...cripples-global-shipping-system_20210218.html

https://www.joc.com/port-news/us-po...-act-mounting-vessel-congestion_20210528.html

Tldr; be patient, there are many factors out of a company's hands.

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
I don't speak for Geirsen (just what I'm experiencing at work), but you guys do know what is happening outside of your bubble right? Transit dates for containers from Asia to North America has hit about 65 days, numerous delay just getting the container booking, let alone delays at various ports. A state of normalcy won't be reached until end of this year, maybe Q1/CNY of next. It is what it is - that is unless you are willing to pay for air freight out of China, and even then that is in super high demand.

Here's a good read:

https://www.joc.com/maritime-news/c...cripples-global-shipping-system_20210218.html

https://www.joc.com/port-news/us-po...-act-mounting-vessel-congestion_20210528.html

Tldr; be patient, there are many factors out of a company's hands.
Oh I'm well aware of whats goin on, China pretty much has a choke hold on the world, they've been planning it for decade's. But it sounded like aside from excessive port issues state side Apex had a grip on their timing.

trashb0y

Ready to race!
Hi there,

The Group Buy wheels shipped out on schedule from our factory on May 10th. However, the ship is currently waiting just off the California coast for a spot to dock. Unfortunately, we have been seeing significantly longer wait times for the US ports as of late, so there is a chance that the wheels might be delayed a week or two at most. Once the ship offloads, it's typically only a few days before the wheels are in our warehouse, in which we will start shipping out orders.

If the ship docks soon, we should have the wheels by the end of this month. However, it will likely be waiting a bit longer, so worse-case mid-June.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

-Geirsen
From Geirsen earlier this week. They're coming.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Oh I'm well aware of whats goin on, China pretty much has a choke hold on the world, they've been planning it for decade's. But it sounded like aside from excessive port issues state side Apex had a grip on their timing.
OT so I won't respond after this, but the shipping delays have everything to do with the volume of products and available labor at the ports and near nothing to do with China's wishes.

All of this has much more to do with abnormal supply and demand - of raw materials, products, labor, etc. global trade is based around JIT manufacturing, so when one part of the supply chain backs up it has massive ripple effects. China would love to make more stuff and get more money. Disruptions in the supply of products from China only serve to make countries consider moving industry to set to home while also costing China money. It's a lose lose for them.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yep, already got my tire rack and totes in. Tires on the way. I'm ready

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Don't expect a response today of course, but do you have an ETA when payments will be collected?
I ordered in the preorder, but not the group buy and my card was charged.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey guys,

Thank you all for being patient while I was out of the office over the past week. Currently, the ship is still waiting to dock and we are hoping to have the wheels at our warehouse around the 2nd-3rd week of June. Once they show up, we will work our hardest to get everyone's order out the door ASAP. For Group Buy orders, we will be collecting payment following the arrival of the wheels, just before we start shipping orders out. For any pre-orders, payment will be captured at the time the order is placed. For orders that include tires, those will be mounted up at our warehouse and may take an extra day or two to ship out compared to wheel-only orders.

The current priority is getting these wheels out to you guys ASAP. The new VW forged project will not take any resources away from that goal, so no need to worry there.

As soon as I have a chance to get caught up from last week, I will have an official Group Buy update posted through Gangup explaining the shipping delay in a bit more detail.

Once again, I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding with the current shipping situation and I will do my best to keep everyone updated moving forward.

-Geirsen

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Latest ETA for your warehouse?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Latest ETA for your warehouse?
No updates as of yet. The ship is still holding short off the coast of CA waiting for a dock slip to open up. Once the ship makes it to the port and starts offloading, it should only be around a week and a half for the wheels to show up at our warehouse. I will keep you guys posted as soon as I get word that offloading has begun.

-Geirsen