GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, I had a couple of lazy starts a week ago, but it's acting normal now. Probably stone dead soon. I've got a battery tender with a jump start function, so can hopefully get it going to go get a replacement, or I can just use the wife's car.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Finished my Macan swap finally. Just over a month. Placed the first order for parts on May 2nd, and here we are on June 8th, and done. I installed them on Sunday, but two of the seals got clipped somehow, and I was leaking brake fluid. Had to overnight some rebuild kits, and got those on today...

1623174934300.png

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Finished my Macan swap finally. Just over a month. Placed the first order for parts on May 2nd, and here we are on June 8th, and done. I installed them on Sunday, but two of the seals got clipped somehow, and I was leaking brake fluid. Had to overnight some rebuild kits, and got those on today...

View attachment 216103
did you have a mishap with the jack one day?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
did you have a mishap with the jack one day?

Myself, nope. Came like that. Didn't notice it originally before getting it wrapped, the shadows blended in with the CSG. Rear passenger side is even worse :(

20210608_142402.jpg

Been contemplating TCR side skirts to cover it.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Myself, nope. Came like that. Didn't notice it originally before getting it wrapped, the shadows blended in with the CSG. Rear passenger side is even worse :(

View attachment 216111

I'm guessing it had to be lifted when doing the wrap, maybe thats when it happened?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm guessing it had to be lifted when doing the wrap, maybe thats when it happened?

Nah, he doesn't have a lift, and don't think he would have had to jack it up much. I scoured my old images when I noticed it, and it's hard to see, but you can definitely tell it's always been there.

This was shortly after I got the car, before I had even jacked it up myself for the first time:

1623177944389.png

Looks fine due to the dark color hiding the shadow, but if you zoom in and brighten the fuck out of the image, you can definitely tell it's there. Just isn't very noticeable on dark colored cars.

1623178025869.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

View attachment 216111

Deff look like it’s from a 4 post before you got it…

I wonder if the TCRs will go up enough to cover it

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

View attachment 216111

holy crap....that is EXACTLY what mine looks like....brand new '18....like something got warped and e'rybody here has pointed it out. what kind of manufacturing issue is that??

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Deff look like it’s from a 4 post before you got it…

I wonder if the TCRs will go up enough to cover it

It looks like they should. Realistically though, I'll probably never pull the trigger on them. Without the TCR rear diffuser (which won't fit the MK7), it won't really 'flow' right.

1623178517389.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
holy crap....that is EXACTLY what mine looks like....brand new '18....like something got warped and e'rybody here has pointed it out. what kind of manufacturing issue is that??
Haha! I thought EXACTY of your car when i saw it

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Haha! I thought EXACTY of your car when i saw it
see! I'm not crazy.......I thought the dealership jacked it up but looks like there is a bigger issue.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It looks like they should. Realistically though, I'll probably never pull the trigger on them. Without the TCR rear diffuser (which won't fit the MK7), it won't really 'flow' right.

View attachment 216121
Yeah looks like they would… maybe the R or the votex ones would cover it too. Then you can just get then wrapped.

My isweeps should be ready today or tomorrow from paint… but as you learned with PC’r, tomorrow is rarely tomorrow with painters Also. Lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah looks like they would… maybe the R or the votex ones would cover it too. Then you can just get then wrapped.

My isweeps should be ready today or tomorrow from paint… but as you learned with PC’r, tomorrow is rarely tomorrow with painters Also. Lol

How bout them fenders?