Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
1622517022060.png

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
def rice. up there with people that put on red tow hitches that don't race their cars and kids that hang dolls without knowing what its for.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Surely, there is a 20+ letter German word that encompasses the feeling of adding a mod on your car that makes it ricey.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Is this trend another example of false nostalgia?

I hope tires don’t go back to raised white letters again 🤮

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Its your car...do what you want with it! I may one day get new rims, but for the most part my car will remain looking stock for as long as I own it, Modding is not my thing. After market paddle shifters was a big decision for me, but VW made it easier by putting such cheap plastic ones on there.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I'll take white lettering, white walls, Christ, I'll take white tires over this new fad of engine shut off at a stop crap that all new cars are going to
That serves a purpose, namely, fuel efficiency. White tire lettering on a non-nascar serves no purpose.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
That serves a purpose, namely, fuel efficiency. White tire lettering on a non-nascar serves no purpose.
The purpose is advertising and maybe some throwback nostalgia. On PAX cars, it serves the same purpose as those shopping list decals,

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I'll take white lettering, white walls, Christ, I'll take white tires over this new fad of engine shut off at a stop crap that all new cars are going to
Man...when you go to put it in gear the off button is right there... when you have to buy an electric car in a few years it will no longer be an issue.

Sportbikemike

Go Kart Newbie
Car lettering does serve as a purpose. In Formula 1 it designates tire compound. Can't say other motorsports is the same but I'm only doing for the look.
As far as the auto shut off, while I understand the theory of saving a minimal amount of fuel at idle, doesn't the constant start and shut off damage internals? I'm from the school of start up is the most damaging part of ignition. While I understand there I fuel, oil and warmed up engine block during these periods, a constant stop start has to be decreasing the life of some crucial parts along the way. Not to mention the delay. Many a time I've seen someone coming at me and I move out of the way. Can't say that 2 seconds from no ignition to start and acceleration would hurt but I'd rather not have my cars computer think for me in that situation.
With electric it'll be instantaneous, and I like that, but most of the stop start vehicles are SUVs and trucks. Not exactly shooting out of the hole to begin with

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Car lettering does serve as a purpose. In Formula 1 it designates tire compound. Can't say other motorsports is the same but I'm only doing for the look.
As far as the auto shut off, while I understand the theory of saving a minimal amount of fuel at idle, doesn't the constant start and shut off damage internals? I'm from the school of start up is the most damaging part of ignition. While I understand there I fuel, oil and warmed up engine block during these periods, a constant stop start has to be decreasing the life of some crucial parts along the way. Not to mention the delay. Many a time I've seen someone coming at me and I move out of the way. Can't say that 2 seconds from no ignition to start and acceleration would hurt but I'd rather not have my cars computer think for me in that situation.
With electric it'll be instantaneous, and I like that, but most of the stop start vehicles are SUVs and trucks. Not exactly shooting out of the hole to begin with
Like I said you can turn it off when you put in in gear!