GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this to reis?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Car lettering does serve as a purpose. In Formula 1 it designates tire compound. Can't say other motorsports is the same but I'm only doing for the look.
As far as the auto shut off, while I understand the theory of saving a minimal amount of fuel at idle, doesn't the constant start and shut off damage internals? I'm from the school of start up is the most damaging part of ignition. While I understand there I fuel, oil and warmed up engine block during these periods, a constant stop start has to be decreasing the life of some crucial parts along the way. Not to mention the delay. Many a time I've seen someone coming at me and I move out of the way. Can't say that 2 seconds from no ignition to start and acceleration would hurt but I'd rather not have my cars computer think for me in that situation.
With electric it'll be instantaneous, and I like that, but most of the stop start vehicles are SUVs and trucks. Not exactly shooting out of the hole to begin with
friends f80 m3 turns off at full stop

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Man...when you go to put it in gear the off button is right there... when you have to buy an electric car in a few years it will no longer be an issue.
Yeah, most EV's don't even have a Start/Stop button, just sit down and go. Many are even ditching the key and letting your phone act as a "key" for proximity unlocking.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
friends f80 m3 turns off at full stop
I'm pretty sure every BMW and Mini has since the F series cars, certainly all of the G series do. Manuals and automatics. I honestly don't know why VW hasn't done it on the manual Mk7/7.5's, I would assume the Mk8 will have it with both transmissions. One of the "benefits" of living in Texas is that ASS doesn't engage if it's 90+ degrees, so our Q5 rarely shuts itself down at stops.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I'm pretty sure every BMW and Mini has since the F series cars, certainly all of the G series do. Manuals and automatics. I honestly don't know why VW hasn't done it on the manual Mk7/7.5's, I would assume the Mk8 will have it with both transmissions. One of the "benefits" of living in Texas is that ASS doesn't engage if it's 90+ degrees, so our Q5 rarely shuts itself down at stops.
Yeah..know what you mean. I forgot to turn mine off the other day and I came to a stop light that is pretty long. Did not even notice the car had shut off until I started sweating! It has not gotten HOT in NC, but even at 80 degrees you start to feel warm in a car in a few minutes. These GTIs idle so quiet it is hard to tell when the car is on or off!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yeah, most EV's don't even have a Start/Stop button, just sit down and go. Many are even ditching the key and letting your phone act as a "key" for proximity unlocking.
I think on the ID4 you just put your foot on the brake and it starts the car. Then when you get off the seat it shuts the car off. Little Yuri on TSP showed it shutting off from him picking his butt up while he was trying to reverse. That's so bad lol

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I think on the ID4 you just put your foot on the brake and it starts the car. Then when you get off the seat it shuts the car off. Little Yuri on TSP showed it shutting off from him picking his butt up while he was trying to reverse. That's so bad lol
What kind of moron picks up their ass when going into reverse? Is it a nervous twitch?

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
some manual mk7 golfs DO have auto-stop-start in europe.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
That serves a purpose, namely, fuel efficiency. White tire lettering on a non-nascar serves no purpose.
It's a form of styling, and like lots of styling features on cars - things come and go.
Chrome, fake vents, angular styling, rounded styling, clean styling, cluttered styling...
If manufactures were to decide to start selling white lettered tires, and manufacturers were to equip some of their cars with them - it would catch on.
That's the way things work.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
It's a form of styling, and like lots of styling features on cars - things come and go.
Chrome, fake vents, angular styling, rounded styling, clean styling, cluttered styling...
If manufactures were to decide to start selling white lettered tires, and manufacturers were to equip some of their cars with them - it would catch on.
That's the way things work.
There are still plenty of tires that come with RWL