GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Relax, I’m not complaining. I’m not familiar with this process so wanted to get an idea before I call/email and sound too inpatient.
Your correct dude, they are taking long but it's because the product is so good. So demand is high. With other people in the forum your always gonna get smart ass remarks here and there that hold no value and serves no purpose. I have called them also, 3 times in 1 day, twice the following day, no answer. Emailed Twice, then I went on the instagram Page and finally forums. I only got a response from Instagram and help from forum members. I first contacted them end of March it took so long to get responses on Questions I waited until last week to finally make my purchase. Once my questions were answered. I'm fine dealing with the delays cause its probably worth it. But I can understand new members frustration with EQT unless your in the Forums your honestly blind, don't know what's going on, and having a tough time getting info. It's understandable. If it wasn't for the EQT info on this forum I would be in the same boat as you.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Relax, I’m not complaining. I’m not familiar with this process so wanted to get an idea before I call/email and sound too inpatient.
I think of it like this: it's a base map file. It shouldn't take ten days to receive it. Now, I never had to wait that long (this one time Patrick sent me an update file within a couple of hours).

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
I think of it like this: it's a base map file. It shouldn't take ten days to receive it. Now, I never had to wait that long (this one time Patrick sent me an update file within a couple of hours).
I don’t think you understand how online purchasing works from a small company. These guys are receiving hundreds of messages, emails, calls, and orders daily and have to sort through them all with only a handful of employees. It takes a lot of time to do all that, and I’m sure at least 75% of the questions they get are “Where is my tune?”

I work for the largest supplier of Porsche parts in the world. We have 20 people in our department and receive 300+ online orders a day. We ship out that many packages a day also and we’re still backed up. We get people who place an order and want it delivered yesterday.... Order proceeding takes time, quality control takes time, communication takes time. At the end of the day you need to understand you’re paying (and waiting) for a quality product that you won’t be disappointed in.

Based on all of the forum and FB posts it’s easy to see their backed up. It shouldn’t be a surprise. So either suck it up and wait for what you wanted, or go elsewhere and deal with what you get. That is not even directed to EQT, it’s with anything. You get what you pay for and sometimes you have to wait.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
So whats the determination on map switching with ecutek? What variables are actually changed?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I don’t think you understand how online purchasing works from a small company. These guys are receiving hundreds of messages, emails, calls, and orders daily and have to sort through them all with only a handful of employees. It takes a lot of time to do all that, and I’m sure at least 75% of the questions they get are “Where is my tune?”

I work for the largest supplier of Porsche parts in the world. We have 20 people in our department and receive 300+ online orders a day. We ship out that many packages a day also and we’re still backed up. We get people who place an order and want it delivered yesterday.... Order proceeding takes time, quality control takes time, communication takes time. At the end of the day you need to understand you’re paying (and waiting) for a quality product that you won’t be disappointed in.

Based on all of the forum and FB posts it’s easy to see their backed up. It shouldn’t be a surprise. So either suck it up and wait for what you wanted, or go elsewhere and deal with what you get. That is not even directed to EQT, it’s with anything. You get what you pay for and sometimes you have to wait.
Amazon has really distorted our expectations in terms of shipping and customer service from a small business.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

It is time for EQT to hire a few people. They've been overwhelmed for at least a year now. This forum has added to their sales because of all the recommendations including me.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
It is time for EQT to hire a few people. They've been overwhelmed for at least a year now. This forum has added to their sales because of all the recommendations including me.
This exactly. I understand for custom tuning etc, it’s only Ed and Nick and frankly, I get not trusting many people to do an intricate job. But for everything else it’s been needed. A month or two is one thing but since I got my first product from them, around a year ago it’s been the same thing.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So I guess with the volume of orders they are receiving, a sale wont be happening any time soon? I have both ecu and dsg th tunes in my cart patiently waiting.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I think they had a flash Memorial Day sale last year.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I bought my tune last time there was a sale. Honestly, you don’t save that much and to me if you want a tune just buy it now. You’ll have more fun with it than you will save money waiting for a sale. Just my .02.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Hey guys… im getting some conflicting info here as to how the COBB traction control works… maybe some of you can chime in....

This is what Dave explained:

1619621543175.png

Some people were saying it replaces the OEM TC (ASR) as well, but a larger majority say it works in conjunction to ASR, as I had described to EQT/Dave…

I'm not really sure what to think.... Should I even bother with COBB TC on the Golf R? (I'm getting COBB Launch Control too)

Mine came with byte 29 set to "06" already, like all other stock Golf Rs:
  • Default = ESC on (ASR on)
  • Single button press = ESC Sport (ASR "Sport")
  • Button hold = ESC off (ASR "Off")

My plan was to ask for a higher default number for the COBB TC Traction Slip Target Multiplier (5 or 6?), that way it would rarely intervene in daily driving when the OEM TC (ASR) is on, but when ASR was switched off... I still had the COBB TC, albeit less intrusive... and if for some reason I wanted to allow wheelspin, I can if I want by changing the setting of the COBB TC in the AP Manually...

Solid plan?

If possible, I would like to summon @El_bigote_AJ and @CaptainRatty lol

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
What Dave said is not correct, both are totally independent systems. It's described pretty well in the Cobb documentation on their support page, but you seem to have a good understanding how it works.

Yeah, they can either change the default slot to say 5 or 6, or change the target slip value in the tune such that Slot 1 = 10% slip vs 0% slip, etc.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Yeah, I don't understand. Thanks for explaining.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys… im getting some conflicting info here as to how the COBB traction control works… maybe some of you can chime in....

This is what Dave explained:

View attachment 211795

Some people were saying it replaces the OEM TC (ASR) as well, but a larger majority say it works in conjunction to ASR, as I had described to EQT/Dave…

I'm not really sure what to think.... Should I even bother with COBB TC on the Golf R? (I'm getting COBB Launch Control too)

Mine came with byte 29 set to "06" already, like all other stock Golf Rs:
  • Default = ESC on (ASR on)
  • Single button press = ESC Sport (ASR "Sport")
  • Button hold = ESC off (ASR "Off")

My plan was to ask for a higher default number for the COBB TC Traction Slip Target Multiplier (5 or 6?), that way it would rarely intervene in daily driving when the OEM TC (ASR) is on, but when ASR was switched off... I still had the COBB TC, albeit less intrusive... and if for some reason I wanted to allow wheelspin, I can if I want by changing the setting of the COBB TC in the AP Manually...

Solid plan?

If possible, I would like to summon @El_bigote_AJ and @CaptainRatty lol
Don't bother with the traction control with the R.
Don't bother with NLS (unless you like the idea of wearing out the clutch and gearbox at a much faster pace)