GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Do you happen to know of any brand styles that will clear?
There's no definitive list that I've seen. here's what I did. I bought new wheels with summer tires for April-November. I spray bombed my Miltons and bought a used set of Audi snows for $200 off of CL. 225/45/18. Very easy to find and only a small speedometer difference. The tires are Blizzak WS80 and cut through snow just fine. There's no need for 17" wheels.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Neuspeed has a variety of 17" wheels that will clear. I would be more surprised if any of their 17's didn't clear the brakes.

Tire rack is pretty reliable for checking if a wheel from another brand will fit too, but only if it's a style they actually carry.

Edit: looks like Neuspeed is down to a single 17" style now. Still looks great and at 16lbs, a great upgrade.
https://neuspeedrswheels.com/collections/vw-audi/products/neuspeed-rse05-8805?variant=31935761449073

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone had issues using Spotify on android auto lately? For the past few weeks I get "spotify doesn't seem to be working right now" error when I connect my phone. Everything else on AA works just fine. The only work around I've found in restarting my phone before connecting. Obviously that's super annoying and not a permanent fix. I tried updating both the spotify and AA apps but that did not help.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I have trouble using everything on android auto... it's about the most pathetic software I have ever seen. If there's one major downfall with these cars it's the MIB support.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Like someone said below, all Neuspeed 17’s will fit your car. Neuspeed designs their wheels specifically for VW/Audi with same lug holes (ball), center bore (57.1), and ideally suited width/offsets to fill the wheel well better without rubbing (provided you are on stock or mildly lowered suspension. If you’re slammed that’s on you to figure out how not to rub lol)

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I have trouble using everything on android auto... it's about the most pathetic software I have ever seen. If there's one major downfall with these cars it's the MIB support.

CarPlay really ain’t too hot either Tbh. My 2019 w MIB2.5 is great in 99% of cases but I’ve had some weird crap here and there that was only resolvable by power cycling the whole car.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'm not convinced Android auto is the problem, I think it's entirely on the infotainment side. My AA works way better on my wife's newer tiguan and it's basically flawless on my Chevy. Not sure if it's hardware or software or both, but I would pay good money to have it work properly. I also have a '16, so maybe the newer model years don't have the same issues.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I'm not convinced Android auto is the problem, I think it's entirely on the infotainment side. My AA works way better on my wife's newer tiguan and it's basically flawless on my Chevy. Not sure if it's hardware or software or both, but I would pay good money to have it work properly. I also have a '16, so maybe the newer model years don't have the same issues.
CarPlay really ain’t too hot either Tbh. My 2019 w MIB2.5 is great in 99% of cases but I’ve had some weird crap here and there that was only resolvable by power cycling the whole car.
FWIW I've had a pretty disappointing CarPlay experience in my 2019 w/ MIB2. Every phone call I've ever made has fuzzed out and become distorted within minutes no matter what cable I use. Unplugging and replugging it fixes it but it's plagued me from the start. If an MIB3 retrofit ever becomes feasible, I'd consider it to try and resolve this if nothing else.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
FWIW I've had a pretty disappointing CarPlay experience in my 2019 w/ MIB2. Every phone call I've ever made has fuzzed out and become distorted within minutes no matter what cable I use. Unplugging and replugging it fixes it but it's plagued me from the start. If an MIB3 retrofit ever becomes feasible, I'd consider it to try and resolve this if nothing else.
Does it do the same thing if you're not using CarPlay and just have your phone connected with Bluetooth?