Emission Service Action 24FX

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Why do people live in CA?

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
I think that is the previous one the new one is 24FX.

earlier one was 24FD, IIRC, but this note does also mention that the stalling fix is "included" in this flash...so maybe some kind of update to that in case there were some stragglers that weren't helped by 24FD (there were some anecdotal reports of that, here and there), and I guess this extra O2 censor fix is close enough to that patch; or they're just packaging it all together? dunno.

I never did get 24FD because mine was fixed several months before that was announced, but I guess I will get this one soon. Not tuned or anything so I don't care. Crossing fingers for some lucky extra HPs after this.... :D

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
so back on subject is this purely for the stalling issue or is this neutering the car some how thanks to the overlords at the EPA. My car is stock.

Also wondering if this will fubar any custom vagcom settings i've done? it shouldn't right?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
"Come on in and miss work, so we can charge you for the inconvenience!"

My 2019 is Stage 2, so I'm fine there. (waves hand Jedi style): you don't need to reflash my ECU
Just going to go ahead and pretend I never got that memo. I must have been way too busy doing my TPS reports.

cb1111

"Come on in and miss work, so we can charge you for the inconvenience!"

My 2019 is Stage 2, so I'm fine there. (waves hand Jedi style): you don't need to reflash my ECU
Just going to go ahead and pretend I never got that memo. I must have been way too busy doing my TPS reports.
I think CA is the only state that refuses to renew registration if you don't get recalls done.

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Received my letter 2 days ago. My stock 2019 S DSG doesn't have drivability problems, gets great mileage and has decent stock power. My concern is that their statement about "improved drivabiltiy" is a potential negative.

My friends had a new Mark 6 and they agreed to the ECU "update" only to experience a very big drop in fuel economy. I don't think that the power was affected. They returned with the complaint and asked to be returned to the condition it was in when purchased new. They were told that if that was done, they would have to sign a statement that they were aware that the factory warranty would be voided!

I'm going in for a scheduled oil change soon and I'm going to tell them I don't want them touching my ECU yet. I want to wait and see what effects it has on our cars.