GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Yeah just got this in the mail. Haven't experienced any of the issues they mentioned. ECU is untouched and only mod is a catback. Also going to wait a bit to see how this might affect our cars.

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
had this done a couple weekends ago when my 19 GTI SE was in for inspection when they mentioned it to me. wasn't aware of it at the time (got my letter in the mail after it was performed). i never had the stalling issues, and i haven't noticed any difference in performance whatsoever other than my 1-2 shifts (6MT) seem consistently smoother 🤷‍♂️. i am (mostly) stock btw, no mods to the engine

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I’m 2019 SE Stage 1 EQT 6MT. I just received my letter and am not going to participate. Although, my car never stalled in the first place and that was my main worry a year ago.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
so back on subject is this purely for the stalling issue or is this neutering the car some how thanks to the overlords at the EPA. My car is stock.

Received my letter 2 days ago. My stock 2019 S DSG doesn't have drivability problems, gets great mileage and has decent stock power. My concern is that their statement about "improved drivabiltiy" is a potential negative.
I had this done to my car last week. I wasn't expecting any changes in the car's power or drivability, but I swear the engine feels more responsive now and the increased responsiveness has led to the perception of there being more midrange punch (though it's highly unlikely there's any actual increase in power there). That said, I've been having the most fun with my car that I've had since I first got it.

All of this could very well be, and is even likely to be, a result of the placebo effect. I'd be interested to know if anyone can confirm this though. That said, placebo or not, I'm not complaining. The car feels better to drive and (in this case) even if I'm wrong, I'm happy with it, haha.

If it makes any difference, my car is stock and I run premium fuel (91 octane).

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
I had this done to my car last week. I wasn't expecting any changes in the car's power or drivability, but I swear the engine feels more responsive now and the increased responsiveness has led to the perception of there being more midrange punch (though it's highly unlikely there's any actual increase in power there). That said, I've been having the most fun with my car that I've had since I first got it.

All of this could very well be, and is even likely to be, a result of the placebo effect. I'd be interested to know if anyone can confirm this though. That said, placebo or not, I'm not complaining. The car feels better to drive and (in this case) even if I'm wrong, I'm happy with it, haha.

i didn't think anything of it after they did mine, but like i said it just feels... smoother? mine's 6MT and i can't imagine i left the dealer with sudden improved driving skills. then again the bastards moved my seat so it could just be i found a better position when trying to get it back and inadvertently improved my shifting technique due to ergonomics :unsure:

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
i didn't think anything of it after they did mine, but like i said it just feels... smoother? mine's 6MT and i can't imagine i left the dealer with sudden improved driving skills. then again the bastards moved my seat so it could just be i found a better position when trying to get it back and inadvertently improved my shifting technique due to ergonomics :unsure:
I hate it when they move the seat, last time I got it back, my foot could barely reach the accel. Damn retired NBA player must've been been hired by the service dept. I'm still making adjustments a month later.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI

Interesting. I wasn't in a rush to get this done, but I have some time next week. I will get it done ASAP and report back with the results. There is some throttle lag, specially in D with the current software.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
VW screwed the pooch when they moved to 0w-20, changed the oil pump and didn't properly adjust the VVT to operate correctly with it.

This is just round 2 of that fix. My car as delivered destroyed an O2 sensor, stalled and ran terribly. I moved to 5w-40 and didn't have anymore issues. I did take the first update, then I tuned the car, still run 5w-40, because I track in Florida. Being tuned now, I won't do the second update, but Florida doesn't check anything to register your car, it can have 1 lug on each wheel, a wheel missing, blowing smoke like an old steam engine, and no one cares.