GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wow - This Anti-VW Video from Scotty Kilmer Jumped The Shark

JVWranicar

Passed Driver's Ed
In this video he posted last week. Scotty especially ripped on the VW brand, and in particular, this 2012 Passat . While I know that VW America cars have had some reliability issues over the years, the MK7 GTIs sure seem to be holding up well comparatively from what I can tell from posts on this forum. So far, my 2017 has been just fine other than a coolant leak issue that was covered under warranty.

Watch just the first five minutes of this if you can stomach it. Wow.

Last edited:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Scotty is one of those guys who lives in a perpetual state of mind where nothing changes.
If a manufacturer made bad products 20 years ago, they must still be bad today.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This guy is a twit. If he don't like something...it sucks. Only car that's good is a 94 Celica.

I have a soft spot for 6th Gen Celicas...

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I used to be subscribed to Scotty on YouTube because his videos were funny and also had a lot of good car advice. It seems someone told him he can get more views by posting stuff that is sensational and just plain not true. I unsubscribed really quickly after I noticed that happening 😂

edit: I will say he is right about VW locking down control modules so only they can replace them. They definitely do it more so than BMW, for example.

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Dope. Troll. Ignore.

cb1111

The guy is a total ass. Because the prior owner swapped out the radio and now has error codes is VW fault.

If he thinks that VW dealers upsell, then he's never been to a Toyota dealer.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Stop making stupid people famous.