GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Finally got the last pieces in for my DP and FMIC install.

Vibrant straight clone, slotted 22mm set, stock IC caps.

20210310_132601.jpg

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Will probably be a few weeks before they both go on. My car was supposed to go in on 2/28 to get wrapped, but the dude had something come up and it had to get pushed back to 3/22. Will wait until I have it back from that to put on the diffuser and spoiler.
Mine will be delayed now as well. I just received it and UPS thrashed it.

It looks like they bent it to make it fit somewhere. :cautious:

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
also finally received my rear strut mounts and end links. FedEx is garbage right now. Gonna get my rear suspension buttoned up this weekend
20210311_004617.jpg

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Grabbed another fun little OEM+ upgrade. OEM alarm siren. I did this mod (not the same siren) to my mk6 and loved the locking chirp. The panic alarm is crazy loud. It no longer uses the boring horn. Just adds a little Audi class to the car imo. I got one for my mk7.5 and also going to attempt the install in my wife’s mk7 Jetta r-line.
B92172EA-95A2-460D-BE88-EDAF6A054CDA.jpeg

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Grabbed another fun little OEM+ upgrade. OEM alarm siren. I did this mod (not the same siren) to my mk6 and loved the locking chirp. The panic alarm is crazy loud. It no longer uses the boring horn. Just adds a little Audi class to the car imo. I got one for my mk7.5 and also going to attempt the install in my wife’s mk7 Jetta r-line.
View attachment 206009
Following! Interested on this MOD. Don’t mind sharing a part number? I really dislike to horn sound and chirp sound when locking the car.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Following! Interested on this MOD. Don’t mind sharing a part number? I really dislike to horn sound and chirp sound when locking the car.

So you can certainly source all these parts direct from the dealer but I just took the AliExpress route and got a kit. I thought the knockoff part would come but it’s the correct part number and Delphi is even stamped in just like OEM. Here is the link to the exact kit I bought. US $64.26 22% Off | New 5Q0951605 Anti-theft Alarm Set Speaker Horn For Audi A4 A5 A6 A7 Q5 Q7 RS5 RS6 RSQ3 VW Tiguan Touran Golf Passat Skoda Rapid
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO3PVCT

Here is a link to a DIY with all the part numbers. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iYUds9Rw_XRlrS8BUHS0KIYPNLaO8kYu/view If you order the kit from aliexpress it doesn’t come with nuts to attach the siren to the bracket or the bracket to the car. Also you will need a repair wire as the on that comes on the harness is incorrect. You could just tap power or use an add-a circuit. I chose to get the repair wire because it comes double ended so I can use one end for each car. The part number for that is 000979135a.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
So you can certainly source all these parts direct from the dealer but I just took the AliExpress route and got a kit. I thought the knockoff part would come but it’s the correct part number and Delphi is even stamped in just like OEM. Here is the link to the exact kit I bought. US $64.26 22% Off | New 5Q0951605 Anti-theft Alarm Set Speaker Horn For Audi A4 A5 A6 A7 Q5 Q7 RS5 RS6 RSQ3 VW Tiguan Touran Golf Passat Skoda Rapid

Here is a link to a DIY with all the part numbers. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iYUds9Rw_XRlrS8BUHS0KIYPNLaO8kYu/view If you order the kit from aliexpress it doesn’t come with nuts to attach the siren to the bracket or the bracket to the car. Also you will need a repair wire as the on that comes on the harness is incorrect. You could just tap power or use an add-a circuit. I chose to get the repair wire because it comes double ended so I can use one end for each car. The part number for that is 000979135a.

I have never bought from this place. Is it safe? I see many people in the forum getting items bought from it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have never bought from this place. Is it safe? I see many people in the forum getting items bought from it.

It is safe, overall. But you have to be careful with what you're getting. Think of it like a Chinese Amazon Marketplace or Ebay. You're not buying from "AliExpress", you're buying from a seller who set up a shop on the website. It's usually fine for things like that, or any kind of cosmetic item, but I wouldn't trust anything major. You can get an IS38 from there for like $400, but it's not worth the risk of it being put together with bad parts, shoddy construction, or lackluster QA. Last thing you want is a turbo to fail and destroy your engine.

Shipping is usually slow, it can take 1 month or more for stuff to arrive with their standard EMS\ePacket delivery. If a seller uses DHL or UPS it will usually be quicker, but can get costly.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn

Hi....I have being reading this write up you pointed me to and I still get super confuse because it lacks to use more illustrations. Hopefully is not too much of an inconvenience if I could ask you to help me understand how do you use this "Repair Wire" to convert the harness in a way that would work.