GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Texas has restored power 100%.
Their leaders are so concerned they are going to have a hearing...
Next week. Because they 'don't know' what went wrong. These are the people making all the decisions. They can't operate a webcam and they are useless.
I'm literally on a conf call with one guy in texas as I'm writing this and he's telling me he's still using his generator. Right now, not 35 minutes ago when you said tx is back 100%

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm literally on a conf call with one guy in texas as I'm writing this and he's telling me he's still using his generator. Right now, not 35 minutes ago when you said tx is back 100%
A good chunk is back. News said 80% is back. Still not enough though, people’s pipes are still frozen, frozen dead folks are being collected from the streets, and folks who died of carbon monoxide poisoning are also being collected.

might be time for some federal fucking standards here imo

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
So you’re saying he has power? 😂
He's on his own private grid. Within Texas's private grid.

download.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Moved from San Francisco to outskirts of Corcoran when I was 6. Parents bought the Boswell's old ranch. Then Lemoore at 11 or 12 till end of high school.

Still have family in Bakersfield and Porterville, but most of the family moved to swankier zip codes, dad's in Palm Springs, brother in Napa, sisters in SLO.

I have some aunts, uncles, and cousins in CA still. My immediate family is all out of there. One sister is in TX, one in CT, parents live in MN by me now.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Yes, the news said this am there are still close to 1,000,000 without power. I belive its due to power lines breaking ect. And meters melting like my customers...
The E company isn't rolling power any longer I don't think.

Attachments

• IMG_9912.jpg
    IMG_9912.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 108

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
We in the UK & Europe, who also have temps down to -23C & lower, are confused here...:unsure:

The reason is that we are trying to figure out how the biggest state (in the main group) which has loads of gas & oil, & is known for being the "Lone Star state", & "can do it all bigger & better & go it alone"......Has ended up in a situation where the power grid collapses thus forcing the whole infrastructure into a cascade failure, with vast amounts of the population of the state unable to get clean drinking water, electricity, heat, lighting, & with shops, running out of food, etc, etc...

Usually this occurs in "third world" countries with bad investment in infrastructure, corrupt Governments, greedy corporations, etc... are you saying this is you???

One item of interest on the news reports from your networks was that apparently the power companies charge more for the electricity when there is high demand, & less when there is low demand...this in reference to some woman whose electric bill was about $3,000...

Really????...😲

You see over here in the UK Thatcher privatised the utilities companies & we have numerous companies that you can buy your electricity, gas, phone, internet, etc. from. But the prices NEVER alter due to season or demand & in fact you can buy a fixed unit price on 5yr contracts.

Sounds like the USA really has gone for "extreme capitalism.".....

Reactions: WAP

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
We in the UK & Europe, who also have temps down to -23C & lower, are confused here...:unsure:

The reason is that we are trying to figure out how the biggest state (in the main group) which has loads of gas & oil, & is known for being the "Lone Star state", & "can do it all bigger & better & go it alone"......Has ended up in a situation where the power grid collapses thus forcing the whole infrastructure into a cascade failure, with vast amounts of the population of the state unable to get clean drinking water, electricity, heat, lighting, & with shops, running out of food, etc, etc...

Usually this occurs in "third world" countries with bad investment in infrastructure, corrupt Governments, greedy corporations, etc... are you saying this is you???

One item of interest on the news reports from your networks was that apparently the power companies charge more for the electricity when there is high demand, & less when there is low demand...this in reference to some woman whose electric bill was about $3,000...

Really????...😲

You see over here in the UK Thatcher privatised the utilities companies & we have numerous companies that you can buy your electricity, gas, phone, internet, etc. from. But the prices NEVER alter due to season or demand & in fact you can buy a fixed unit price on 5yr contracts.

Sounds like the USA really has gone for "extreme capitalism.".....
Oh u didn’t know? America isn’t prepared for shit except war. We are the most powerful third world country.

fuck thatcher though. Bitch wouldn’t lay and apply sanctions in South Africa cuz it would’ve hurt her son’s business.